What's your idea for The Knot?

[Collaborative Account] Allowing fiance and/or parents to also access wedding website and all planning resources.

From what I can tell, the Knot does not really support a co-planning experience with your fiance. While I am a woman and so know more about the existence of site like the Knot, my fiance is extremely involved in our wedding planning, unlike the "old days," I guess, and it is really annoying that we can't have "couple" knot access. You should allow us to link our accounts so we can share some things, like the checklist and the wedding website, but not all things (like I can hide my groom gift inspiration board from him). Otherwise this feels very antiquated that he can't update our wedding website (without just logging into my account) or see our checklist and budget. And while obviously it could be anyone in a couple who has the main account, it seems like it seems to reinforce traditional gender norms and is not considerate of gay couples as well.

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Krista P. responded  · 

Hi and thanks so much for writing in! This is great feedback. We’ve heard similar feedback from others. Moving forward we are thinking about designing collaborative account for our couples.

Thanks again!

Krista

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. Not only is couples collaboration needed, parent collaboration is too! My husband and I are doing the majority of the planning for our daughter's wedding because she and her fiancee live overseas. We need 4-way access to the Knot account!!!!

• ben.root commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this IS the problem. I've spent the last 3 days trying to log into my own wedding planning site. I figured that I'd lost my password, but I'm not getting any of the "reset your password" emails that supposedly the Knot is sending me. Now I realize that I must have created our web page by logging in as my fiance, to start with (she set up the account). Why doesn't it tell me that I don't have an account when I put in my email address? Why dont they have tech support that I can contact?. I have to log in as my future wife to edit our "mutual" wedding web page? duh! ******* idiotic.

• Dianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm disappointed to see that this service is still not being offered to couples. I'm currently looking for a service to help us co-plan and the only thing I am coming up with is a shared email and dropbox or google drive for Websites, folders, urls. Or a shared pinterest?

• RJ Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming it to say how ridiculous this is. 'Use our site to join your lives together'.... but only get updates on 1 email, and log in with 1 email/password... and altogether, just don't actually share any of this with your spouse.

Even if you gave me two email addresses to put as account admin, that's all it would take. We would even be fine using the same password. But atm, it just feels like only 1 person can keep up with it.

• Jen Hendrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no way for couples to collaborate on The Knot? This is hugely disappointing! Jeez, we *already* printed our materials with our Knot wedding website URL (because I did that before anything else). But my fiance is our primary planner and he just told me in total annoyance that we can apparently not collaborate. Guess we can leave the wedding site with details up but move registry and everything else to Wedding Wire (thanks other commenters for the tip)? That really stinks. BTW I'm principal software product manager at a large institute. It should not take *years* to deliver this feature. Perhaps your leadership doesn't actually let Product Owners own the backlog. Maybe if your leadership understood that more users under one account, contributing more items to a registry or gif list, would lead to more stuff being sold and more "affiliate" earnings for you guys (I assume this is a monetization strategy at The Knot)...?

• Christine Su commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not going to use the knot until my partner can use it too. No way am I doing this myself, and I find the "feminine touch" references annoying, as is the assumption that the woman is doing all the planning. Sorry, deleting my account.

• Marie Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to list my wedding party on my wedding website. For me it helps to be able to list the people that will be apart of my special day.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable. You do know you're in the business of helping two people plan something, yeah?

• amyqlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not completed?! It's ridiculous to (1) assume that one person is doing ALL of the wedding planning, likely the bride, and (2) to PROMOTE PASSWORD SHARING. Look at all of the cyber attacks we've had no only in our recent elections, but also on major websites like Yahoo. For a website that stores my entire close friends & family list, links me to vendors that have my credit card information stored, this is absolutely unacceptable. I decline to continue using your services.

• Steven Pozza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this shared account capability? Would set your site above others and provide a great function.

• Desi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me? I just entered our combined guest list of 288 only to realize this exact problem. Switching to Wedding Wire now...thanks for wasting my time, The Knot :(

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on this with my fiance and my maid of honor and while we loved the idea of theknot - not being able to share this with all three is making it really hard.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base