The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to sort Newlywed fund

The gifts in our Newlywed Fund are sorted randomly (or at least there's no clear, discernible order). This means that, when I see a new gift was given, I have to scroll through all the other ones and try to pick it out so that we can make sure we thank everyone appropriately.

The Fund should be able to be sorted based on the gift, the date given, and or the giver's name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to re-label "book a room" buttons on "Things to do" tab

The Things to Do tab puts a "book a room" button under each thing to do that we list - my wedding is in Washington DC, and so the things to do are visits to museums, the zoo, hiking in the area, etc. None of these requires booking a room, and clicking on that button takes you to the website of the activity - so we should be able to either remove those buttons or re-name them.

I found the html code where I can edit this, but the site won't let me save my changes! Very frustrating.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hitch switch

Hello,

Your website recommended HitchSwitch after I was married in April. After following your review I purchased their hundred dollar package for a name change. After waiting a full week to receive my package, I am extremely disappointed. I received paperwork I could get online as well as information telling me to physically go to the SS office and I have to go to get my drivers license in person regardless. I purchased a $100 box for...paperwork and postage? Postage that I’m informed not to use.
    I have also never received responses from anyone on HitchSwitchs chat. I have reached…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guest App

Why can't guests use the knot app? Many of my guests would like to rsvp using an app or look at my pictures through an app instead of always having to use the website on the desktop

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Article/column ideas

As an Event Lead for a large catering company, my teams and I experience a lot of situations that most coordinators/planners/brides and grooms don't see. My idea is to write articles from a back and front of house point of view with suggestions to make a wedding event run smoother or avoid pitfalls and uncomfortable situations that arise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve customer service

Customer service that actually provides a service. I sent an email on 4/30 and 5/3/19 asking how to print off a receipt for the money paid toward a couples massage. I didn't receive a reply until 5/8/19 and then there weren't any instructions as to how to print to receipt. I was told to use one of the Knot's templetts and type out a note telling the couple what our gift is and put the note in with their card. I tried calling the help line but got a voicemail stating I would get a return call in 1 to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make it so your import and export excel sheets are the same format.

Give the import and export excel sheets the same format. If I export the excel, add info, and then try to import it with the new info, I have to re-type everything because all the address info has to be combined into one cell for the import sheet. This added a lot more work that I didn't want to be doing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can I embed a google map into my website?

I'd like to have an interactive google map with the location of the venue, and maybe directions from the airport. I tried google map's embed code in the transportation and travel section of my knot website but it didn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Your website does not work

Your website does not work. I have tried so many times to create a URL and I am so frustrated. I am using Zola.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Gift Purchase Confirmation Glitch

After I purchased a gift listed on your registry, it was almost impossible to enter my email address on the pop-up where I confirmed that I had purchased it on the Kohl's website. Your site did not recognize my email address when auto-fill put it in. When I tried to type it in letter by letter, your site kept adding spaces and capitalizing letters. Super frustrating!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is the piano off our beach yet? Not cool. Respect the aina !!!!

Leaving photo shoot items in public areas in Hawaii is not only illegal but shows no respect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Vendor removal

Marie Stark Weddings & Events should be considered for removal as a trusted vendor. This is a business with a growing amount of negative reviews on Yelp and third party wedding platforms. In fact, the business has recently been removed from Thumbtack for failure to provide agreed services. I'd be happy to discuss in greater detail and provide evidence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Besides "Bride" and "Groom" add option for "Spouse" to respect Lesbian & Gay folks.

Please add an option besides "Bride," "Groom," and "Other." For lesbian and gay weddings, we may not both identify as "Brides" or "Grooms." A respectful term is "spouse." When members of the LGBT community are discriminated against, we sometimes say we are being "Othered," to show how different we are from the heterosexual community. Calling us "Other," has very negative connotations. Please as "Spouse" as a category. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. RSVP

I really wish a guest could RSVP for both the wedding and the rehearsal dinner. Currently, it just shows their name twice, but they don't know why. Super confusing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Print the Checklist

Printing the checklist would be super helpful. Sometimes I'm in areas where I'm not able to get service and being able to have the checklist on paper would help. Is this something you are looking into? I know that other websites allow this but I like the checklist here better.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error message on the link to our registry is not making us happy! This site isn't quick to get things resolved. So far we are not happy!!!

Persistent Error Code preventing friends and family to get to our registry!!! Bad reviews to follow on all social media outlets if this isn't resolved in a timely manner!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Photos ordering is different on mobile compared to desktop

On desktop (1920x1080 screen), the photos are displayed in 3 vertical columns. To the viewer, it looks like the photos are ordered in rows (e.g. top left, top middle, top right).

On mobile, or smaller screens, the photos are displayed in a single vertical column. The ordering of the photos does not adhere to the same ordering as on desktop. Instead, they are ordered by column

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Along w/ RSVP,guests enter a song request to play at the reception!!!

It would be awesome if, on the RSVP options along w/ selecting a meal choice, guests could enter a song request to play at the reception!!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Guest list manager won’t let manually add guests!!

EVERYTIME I try to add guests it freezes up the app or just kicks me out completely!! Help!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base