The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page *down* from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

3. Pictures loaded to the website

How about not having the cropping tool in a forced aspect ratio? I would like to be able to see my entire face, instead of just most of it, but the picture was taking in portrait mode and not landscape, so you know, the bottom third or the top third is gone.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. I want to add another map that shows close up access to the site, but it's not an option. How do I add?

I can't seem to add a second map showing details on where to park, and how to get to the specific part of the park where my event will happen. options to add such details would benefit out of town guests not familiar with the area. Please add options to add more than one map.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

5. RSVP

I would like to option to add other administrators, my fiance and my mom, to see who has RSVPed. My mom is helping a lot with administration of my wedding.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

6. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Customize wedding website

I wish we had the option to customize our wedding website. I found a template that goes alright with our wedding theme, however I would love to be able to remove the border that goes around the photos or at least change the colour. I love how easy it is to create a wedding website with The Knot, but being able to customize it would make it even better! Thanks!

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

9. Add a FAQ section to the wedding website

we know our guests and what questions they would have. Please add a FAQ section we can edit to communicate better with our guests

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. More Design Options for The Knot's wedding websites

I would like to be able to import images and design concepts into The Knot to customize my website. Minted has a design I love that is unavailable on The Knot, and I am unable to sync or import the design onto my Knot wedding website. It would be great to have more advanced customization options for this reason.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. To be able to edit the RSVP response buttons

I wish you could edit the RSVP response buttons. Accept/ Regret seems very formal and I'm sure most people would rather have an option to choose (like the food options). I would so much rather have a Yes we can come or a No we can't make it option.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Be able to customize the font on the RSVP form

The font on the RSVP form is standard and doesn't match any customized wedding theme. Plus, the font for the actual R S V P letters are barely legible and would be nice if this font could be customized.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Wedding Party Center Alignment

You should be able to center justify your wedding party!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. RSVP

I would like to see The Knot implement an automatic cut off option for the RSVP. Once the date has been set that option would work wonders. It will also encourage the guests to confirm attendance within the allotted time. Another reason, most if not all weddings require a head count for the services being requested for that day. A disclaimer should also be added as well.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Dual language

My future husband is Italian, so our guests are both Italian and American. Though I translated the pages for our Italian guests, the RSVP option really needs to be offered in more than one language!! This website is how all of our Italian guests are RSVP'ing, and it's unfortunate that the one function that is solely for them is only offered in English.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Password protect one page (for wedding party access)

It would be awesome to be able to make a single page password protected! I'd love to have a "VIPs" page with a password that each of the bridesmaids and groomsmen would have. This way I could post all the information that the wedding party needs such as rehearsal time, rehearsal dinner information, wedding day timeline, etc. but I don't want all of that to be visible to my other guests.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Availability for different languages and website flexibility

Hello!
    I am designing our wedding website. Half of our family members are Americans, another half are Russians. For everyone's convenience, I was creating pages in both languages. However, it uses a different font when I am creating pages in the Russian language. I wish you can improve it and make it suitable to write in different languages. Moreover, I could not duplicate or redirect "other events", "accommodations", or "Travel and Transportation" pages to make it in Russian. I don't mind to create new pages, but the website does not give options to choose a page type or layout. I…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Ability to change color themes on wedding website

I wish I could customize the colors of my wedding website. Several of the website themes could work for my wedding theme, but none of them are close to the right colors. Considering I don't plan on buying the matching invitations, I feel like I should be able to customize the color theme.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely know this is an ask by many of our members. We continue to add more themes through the year to bring a broader theme set forward for all couples. Having the ability to change colors on our designs is something we hope to offer in the future. Thanks for asking the question – it helps our Design teams know how important this will be to bring forward.

XOXO,
    Keri

20. Wedding Party - "Shared" Members

The website now allows to design custom titles, however, every wedding party member must part of either side of the wedding, but not both. (Ours is a gay wedding, so it has to be either me or my partner, but the same would be for any wedding). Sometimes a wedding party member is a "shared" responsibility or part of both sides of the wedding. The website forces every wedding party member (including, for example, the Officiant) to one side or other of the couple. Our Officiant is the first friend we met mutually, so it should go to "both sides"…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base