The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email request field on RSVP - make it optional

Can the email request field on the RSVP be removed? People think they have to enter it to RSVP.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Add a FAQ section to the wedding website

we know our guests and what questions they would have. Please add a FAQ section we can edit to communicate better with our guests

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Destination Wedding

You should be able to add a destination wedding location to your wedding website.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

4. Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The order of pictures in the Album should be as they are uploaded

How the albums organizes the pictures makes them all scattered. They should be viewed in the order that they are uploaded. I have pictures from years back next to a recent picture with how the layout is now. There appears to be three columns in the albums and I try to organize my pictures by the date they were taken, but the columns mix them up.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our photo sections are currently being evaluated for some improvements. This sorting features is definitely one we are looking at and hope to see some improvements in 2016. The site should allow you to drag/drop your photos around in the columns so you can order them how you choose, but this can get a bit snippy at times. Thanks for your patience!

XO,
    Keri

6. Better quality images for the Photo tab please!

Currently when adding to the Photo Albums, images are auto downsized so much that they appear blurry on the mobile version of our wedding website. Even though I resized the pictures to the optimal size listed, the quality is reduced when uploading to the site. Please do not reduce the pictures to such low quality and optimize better for mobile. If I'm missing something. please let me know. Thank you!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Provide separate RSVP titles for other event RSVP. Other event RSVPs should not state Wedding above the form.

When clicking an RSVP button for “other event” (whatever it may be) the new page should state the tile of the evnt and not Wedding. Also there should be a way to collect, contacts into other events and not just Wedding. It’s confusing for all guests.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To be able to edit the RSVP response buttons

I wish you could edit the RSVP response buttons. Accept/ Regret seems very formal and I'm sure most people would rather have an option to choose (like the food options). I would so much rather have a Yes we can come or a No we can't make it option.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Image Sizing & Editing

Make it useable....not a good experience when you don't provide the dimensions that are needed for an image or allow it to work in common browsers such as IE and Firefox.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better photo organizing on the wedding website

It's very hard to rearrange the order of photos inside albums on the wedding website. There has to be a better/smoother way to re-order photos

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

12. How can I remove the RSVP option in the body of the website for each individual event but keep the RSVP button at the top of the website?

I have a 2-day wedding where not every guest is invited to both events, which I have been able to program in the secure RSVP but the option to RSVP on the main site is still there and I cannot figure out how to remove that while still keeping the top button capability to RSVP.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Links for Wedding Venue & Reception

No matter how many times I attempt to add the link to my venue under "Wedding Details" it will not work in a way that displays nicely (off to the left on the bottom, throwing off whole page). Additionally I see that "Google Maps" is connected to my ceremony & reception locations, but I'd like for the guests to be able to actually click on it to open up "maps" for directions from their locations. I know I've seen this on other wedding websites, so know it's possible.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Wedding Website Compressed Archive

Your site is wonderful and you all have done a great job. I understand why you'd remove websites after so many months or years have passed since the wedding -- otherwise you'd run into storage issues. This is especially true with all the pictures you allow us to upload. But do you have any plan for 10, even 40 years in the future? Your websites are crucial history, showing how each of us decides to present ourselves to our extended family and friends. At a bare minimum, the story, and venue dates and details could be an immensely useful starting…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Passcode for select pages, but not all

I want my site to be public, I would like all of our friends to be able to see the general details, photos and other pages that we have created, however I would like to be able to have certain pages require a passcode so that we can post information specific to the event/topic, that only those which we give the code to can see.

Suggested functionality is that in the builder where there is the ability to "hide" a page, give the ability to make the page passcode at that level.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website

experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. More Design Options for The Knot's wedding websites

I would like to be able to import images and design concepts into The Knot to customize my website. Minted has a design I love that is unavailable on The Knot, and I am unable to sync or import the design onto my Knot wedding website. It would be great to have more advanced customization options for this reason.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Option for no cover photo

Hi there, I am wondering if it is possible for any of these templates to be formatted such that no cover photo is required.
    Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Be able to customize the font on the RSVP form

The font on the RSVP form is standard and doesn't match any customized wedding theme. Plus, the font for the actual R S V P letters are barely legible and would be nice if this font could be customized.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Password protect one page (for wedding party access)

It would be awesome to be able to make a single page password protected! I'd love to have a "VIPs" page with a password that each of the bridesmaids and groomsmen would have. This way I could post all the information that the wedding party needs such as rehearsal time, rehearsal dinner information, wedding day timeline, etc. but I don't want all of that to be visible to my other guests.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base