The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to add another map that shows close up access to the site, but it's not an option. How do I add?

I can't seem to add a second map showing details on where to park, and how to get to the specific part of the park where my event will happen. options to add such details would benefit out of town guests not familiar with the area. Please add options to add more than one map.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

3. choice

It would be great if the Meal Choices (Optional) could be a free form field. We don't have meal choices, but we will have multiple shuttles. I wish I could enter in Shuttle Time for a title and list the options. This way we have a better understanding of how many shuttles and when. It's a pretty simple back-end change.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Availability for different languages and website flexibility

Hello!
    I am designing our wedding website. Half of our family members are Americans, another half are Russians. For everyone's convenience, I was creating pages in both languages. However, it uses a different font when I am creating pages in the Russian language. I wish you can improve it and make it suitable to write in different languages. Moreover, I could not duplicate or redirect "other events", "accommodations", or "Travel and Transportation" pages to make it in Russian. I don't mind to create new pages, but the website does not give options to choose a page type or layout. I…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Links for Wedding Venue & Reception

No matter how many times I attempt to add the link to my venue under "Wedding Details" it will not work in a way that displays nicely (off to the left on the bottom, throwing off whole page). Additionally I see that "Google Maps" is connected to my ceremony & reception locations, but I'd like for the guests to be able to actually click on it to open up "maps" for directions from their locations. I know I've seen this on other wedding websites, so know it's possible.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dual language

My future husband is Italian, so our guests are both Italian and American. Though I translated the pages for our Italian guests, the RSVP option really needs to be offered in more than one language!! This website is how all of our Italian guests are RSVP'ing, and it's unfortunate that the one function that is solely for them is only offered in English.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. The Guest

Under the "Photos" option on my wedding website, I would like a link to download the app "The Guest", along with my hashtag for my wedding.

This would be lovely to provide this reminder, if anything, to the top of the photos website page to better promote.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to add a Google photo album link to the photos page

You have facebook, Instagram, but no Google Photos! Even just allowing me to add a link to the page would be great, like the normal text editor of other pages.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. bigger picture for wedding party.

a quarter size is too small. i thought the picture would be the same size as edit mode.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Hashtag

Provide a space under the couples name on the wedding website for them to add their wedding hashtag. This way all the guests know exactly what the hashtag is prior to entering the wedding.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add picture sharing to the knot

I think that it would be a great idea to add picture sharing to the knot. This will allow the wedding attendees to share picture directly to the wedding website giving the bride and groom a chance to see the pictures immediately.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Provide the ability to respond to guest book comments on the website, not through a personal email.

I would like to reply with a note to the people that post on the wedding guestbook, NOT via email. Some of them might be asking questions and sending best wishes, and instead of replying through email, it would be nice to reply right there, so other guests that might be having the same questions, can ready through.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

15. Get a better website builder

Your website builder is the worst I have seen. Whenever you want to add a new section, if you accidentally click outside of the window that pops up where you add the new information, the window disappears and so does all of the information that you entered in. That makes no sense and hasn't been an issue on any stock website builders for years. It is such a waste of time and terrible frustrating.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. RSVP

I would like to option to add other administrators, my fiance and my mom, to see who has RSVPed. My mom is helping a lot with administration of my wedding.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

17. Move the RSVP button BELOW the ceremony and reception section.

We need guests to read the details of ceremony and reception before clicking the button-- it's not always obvious that they need to scroll down to read the details.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. A few things that aren't very flexible

I've designed our website with titles in lowercase, and want to keep it as a very simple look & feel. Here are a few things I've found that you might look at for future development.

I can change the font for every section except the top bar/menu. This makes it look weird when I have consistency everywhere else.

All of the section titles can be changed except 'Ceremony and Reception'. There's no option to change it so it looks odd.

The 'our wedding' & 'after party' titles are lower case but in the RSVP 'Wedding' appears uppercase.

Order of events…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you taking time to send in these notes. Our Product design team is eager to hear this type of feedback as they work on improvements to our site all the time. I hope you see some of these implemented in the near future.

XO,
    Keri

19. Get rid of required subtitle for the Our Story section, since it already has "Our Story" as the header

If I am only writing a couple sentences or even one paragraph under the "Our Story" section then I do not want to be required to include a subtitle. Otherwise on the website it looks awkward with a superfluous subtitle as I'm only describing one story. "Our Story" followed by "Our Story" again? It would look much better if it just said "Our Story" in the sub-section header font followed by the text.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. (Wedding Website)

I'd like the option to make the wedding party another page on the website. The way it is set up now it seems like the first page just gets long with all the scrolling. Also the option to skip to sections on the first page would be nice if my guests want to skip straight to the details

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely already on our radar and our Product team for wedding websites has heard from other members that they would love this ability as well. We hope that in the future it is something we can bring to our sites so you can continue to personalize the pages just the way you want. In the meantime, we hope you are able to find a way to work with the site and pages the way they are formatted so your information can stay complete for your guests.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base