The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A few things that aren't very flexible

I've designed our website with titles in lowercase, and want to keep it as a very simple look & feel. Here are a few things I've found that you might look at for future development.

I can change the font for every section except the top bar/menu. This makes it look weird when I have consistency everywhere else.

All of the section titles can be changed except 'Ceremony and Reception'. There's no option to change it so it looks odd.

The 'our wedding' & 'after party' titles are lower case but in the RSVP 'Wedding' appears uppercase.

Order of events…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send in these notes. Our Product design team is eager to hear this type of feedback as they work on improvements to our site all the time. I hope you see some of these implemented in the near future.

XO,
    Keri

2. Get rid of required subtitle for the Our Story section, since it already has "Our Story" as the header

If I am only writing a couple sentences or even one paragraph under the "Our Story" section then I do not want to be required to include a subtitle. Otherwise on the website it looks awkward with a superfluous subtitle as I'm only describing one story. "Our Story" followed by "Our Story" again? It would look much better if it just said "Our Story" in the sub-section header font followed by the text.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. (Wedding Website)

I'd like the option to make the wedding party another page on the website. The way it is set up now it seems like the first page just gets long with all the scrolling. Also the option to skip to sections on the first page would be nice if my guests want to skip straight to the details

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely already on our radar and our Product team for wedding websites has heard from other members that they would love this ability as well. We hope that in the future it is something we can bring to our sites so you can continue to personalize the pages just the way you want. In the meantime, we hope you are able to find a way to work with the site and pages the way they are formatted so your information can stay complete for your guests.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

4. Add dropdown menu personalization

I love that you can hide or show or even add any pages to your website under "Manage Pages." However, I wish you could somehow personalize the dropdown menu that automatically is pulled down when you scroll over any page link at the top. For example, I have a registry page on my website and I wish it had no dropdown menu. I have a specific note that I want all my visitors to read at the top of the page, but nobody sees that because they don't click on "Registry." Instead hey scroll over "Registry" and see that there's…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. More responsive themes

Absolutely love the website and idea, but the themes aren't very responsive and look very disappointing on a mobile device. Most people will be visiting on their phones and the beautiful theme is completely lost :(

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

7. Link blog or personal website

I would love to have an easier and more aesthetically pleasing way to link my personal blog to our wedding website.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page *down* from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

9. Wedding Website Compressed Archive

Your site is wonderful and you all have done a great job. I understand why you'd remove websites after so many months or years have passed since the wedding -- otherwise you'd run into storage issues. This is especially true with all the pictures you allow us to upload. But do you have any plan for 10, even 40 years in the future? Your websites are crucial history, showing how each of us decides to present ourselves to our extended family and friends. At a bare minimum, the story, and venue dates and details could be an immensely useful starting…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Wedding website is super slow

Your wedding website is SUPER SLOW. I also wish it was more customizable (ability to select text, create your own banner, background color, drag and drop, etc.) It's not terribly intuitive, so it's been a really frustrating experience trying to set it up.:(

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Sharing our wedding website

Hello! I've been so impressed and thankful for the features on The Knot, but there's been one hiccup that has proved really frustrating: When I shared my wedding website with friends via email, the sender is listed as The Knot Guest Services. Not only is this not ideal, I've had several guests almost delete the email because of the sender and several more miss it entirely. It’s been a rather annoying ordeal in an otherwise wonderful The Knot experience.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Adding a non-Knot Wedding Website to your profile

We are creating our own wedding website from scratch. How can we add our URL to our Knot profile? I'm only seeing an option to create a site with the Knot.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Have page section location flexibility

"Our Story" section of the Our Wedding page on the Wedding Website can be lengthy. Our Story is nice to know, but it's not the must know part of the page. Please allow us to reorder the sections of the page, and or move a section to another page. If that is too much to ask, please just move the "Our Story" below the "The Wedding" section on the "Our Wedding" page. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Ability to change the font and spacing in the email when sharing the website

Hi there. It would be nice to be able to change the font and spacing in the email subject box when sharing the website via email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Make it easier to navigate your Wedding Website creation and editing site

Make it easier to navigate the editing page by including all of the subsections in the sidebar under "Website Pages".

Right now if I'm editing the Travel subsection and want to start editing the Accommodations section next I have to click back on "Details" on the sidebar then click on "Accommodations".

It would be much easier if all of the subsections were just including in the side bar on the left. At the least, the left sidebar should include a collapsable drop-down of all of the sub-sections under each main page so you can quickly jump to editing different sub-sections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

16. banner picture

why do the couple's names and the date of the wedding automatically populate in only center alignment on the site banner picture without the option to 'hide' them-- an option found on almost every other section of the site?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wedding Website URL Expiration

There are some nice wedding website URLs using my fiancé's last name, Brown, but unfortunately, many are taken. More frustrating is the fact that many of the funny/cute ones are attached to weddings that were 1200 days ago.
    I think it would be nice if they could be used by other couples in the future.
    Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

18. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

19. Additional photos added to website

Under the Wedding section on the website, it would be nice to be able to upload more than one more photo (1 for ceremony, 1 for reception). And an option for a photo of a map. Is this possible?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. The Website was so easy to navigate before you updated the site.

The update is horrible, it is so different to sort by meal, sort by first or last name. Not user friendly at all. Bring back the old website immediately! It was so great when we first started planning our wedding and having it change just prior to our wedding made it very difficult to get final counts....

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base