The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Guest List Manager] I want to export my guest list with only the accepted guests on it.

I am attempting to export our accepted guest list but it keeps exporting
    our entire guest list instead....ideas? Thoughts? Help please! I need to be
    able to email just those attending.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guest Manager

The Guest List Manager should allow you to seen when (date and time) as well as how (online vs. manually entered). I'm allowing guests to RSVP online but also provided paper response cards. It is VERY easy on the app to accidentally enter a response when trying to scroll down the list. I don't have any way to double check if that person RSVP-ed on their own or if I accidentally entered an RSVP when I scrolled.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Date of RSVP

The guest list should indicate the date of RSVP, or should provide an option to organize the list by date of response. Under the current format, while there is a talley of responses, it is impossible to tell WHO the most recent response is from.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Guest Manager is cool, but could be awesome.

Your guest list manager (the new version) is already pretty good, but there are a few things that could make it amazing:

1. When I imported my guests with addresses (so that they'd group together easily), everything went well for parties of 2. However, any household over 2 people had the 3rd-Nth guests split off into their own household. I could fix things manually after the fact, but that was annoying.

2. You should give the ability to specify more than just plus 1's. For example, I should be able to list the parents I'm inviting, and then specify that…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Guest List Manager Capabilities (like the old version)

I am attempting to export my guest list for the calligrapher, but it seems to be exporting the list as individuals. In other words, the individuals that should be grouped together as one party, are being separated. If I attempt to sort the list according to the Party Leader's Last name, it doesn't help because a number of parties have the same last name. So even though all the "Smith's" are together, the individuals are scrambled amongst different parties with that last name. I then attempted to sort the "Smith's" according to the Party Leader's First Name, to see if…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and to list the experiences you have had. In moving to our new technology, some of our functionalities were delayed. We are still looking at updating the Guest List Manager as we move into 2016. I will say those things you aren’t finding right now were not being used by most of the members using the tool, and this is why they were not in the priority list.

It is good to hear you would like more of this to be in the new version and we are listening.

Stay tuned and we will both see how these updates over the next few months land.

Keri

6. Adding to app

Add an option for guest to request songs when they rsvp

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Babies on a guest list

It would be great if there were an option for a guest list to mark guests that are under a certain age and you can keep track of every head without needing to budget for meals or seats.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

8. Allow for flexible "Find my invitation" searching

AFAIK, there are currently two options when allowing guests to RSVP - secure and unsecure.

If I choose unsecure, then if a guest named "Michael Smith" searches for his invitation as "Mike Smith", it will create a new guest.

If I choose secure RSVP, the above scenario would result in the guest being alerted that their invitation couldn't be found.

It would be great if you could "search" for an invitation by simply supplying a last name and allowing the user to select the relevant invitation. I understand there are potential privacy concerns, but it could easily be a configurable…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. "Save the Date" cards should have a place on the guest list to check that you've sent that families card.

You have invitation and thank you but you also send out save the date cards/magnets. There should be a place on the guest list so you can check this item.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Larger windows for menu choices

It's really great that you can add additional choices for meal options, however when RSVP'ing the guests can only see about 4 words of the meal description. It would be great if you could either show the whole description on the screen, have it scroll, or at least have it show when the mouse hovers over it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

11. RSVP Optional Email

When a guest RSVPs through the website, it looks as if they have to put their email. This may be off-putting for some guests who might not want to provide their email. They don't actually have to put their email, but it is not indicated on the form, so they may stop RSVPing altogether.
    Could you please put an "(optional)" next to the "Email"? This should be just a simple text change for one of your engineers!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Guest List Manager Settings

Right now, I have to set that I want to see guests displayed in Households, and that I want the names displayed A-Z by Last Name EVERY TIME I login. This is really clunky. There needs to be a way to set these choices and have them saved.

Also, there needs to be a way to print out a certain event's list of guests.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. When you export a guest list to CSV, "Household Name" should be a column

What the title says. You should be able to name households and export that to your CSV.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the desktop version VS Mobile App

For some reason I cant add my guests to groups on the desktop its only available through the mobile version. Also, on the mobile I have to input everyone all over? seems silly

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now, this is how the system is set up. Our mobile app is moving forward and testing out different advancements so we know what will work and get that added to desktop in the future. I know it is frustrating, but we appreciate your patience as we make sure our product is working for all couples.

xoxo,
    Keri

15. Secure RSVP Not Default Setting

I think it is 100% unacceptable that a Secure RSVP (where random, uninvited people can't just type in their information and RSVP to your wedding) isn't the default setting. I discovered this today after sharing a link to my engagement photos on my site and discovering upon my return home at the end of the day that a bunch of new guests- who I hadn't invited, mind you- had RSVPed to my wedding. It took me YouTube videos and Google searches to finally figure out how to turn it off. Absolutely unacceptable that an open RSVP is the DEFAULT setting…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Allow import of CSV

You should allow import of CSVs in the same format that you export. I had imported all guests in before getting their addresses and figured I could re-import them after putting their addresses into my excel doc. Instead, I now have the choice to either manually input all of the addresses I've gathered or delete and reimport the guests who's addresses I've gathered. The first is a lot of work, the second is even more work because I'll then have to re-sort them into households, re-enter their RSVPs, etc. If I could simply export my guest list as a CSV,…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Sort lists consistently

The guest list does not consistently sort the results. For example, sorting a column by 'RSVP' multiple times returns differently ordered results based on UI state. As a corollary, the filter input can update this state as well, returning a new order on change. To resolve this issue, I have found that on every .sort(), first sorting data sets by create time (or any UID) then sorting by the user assigned column fixes this issue.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

18. Improvements for the guest list

The guest list information is a nightmare. If there is a guest, and that guest's plus one has a known name, and we enter it, those two names should be the only two allowed to be "searched for" and RSVP'd for instead of me having to check and recheck the guest list every time someone RSVPs. It just accepts everyone's RSVP and adds them as new guests instead of going off the list you have already created. Double, no, TRIPLE the work and a lot of frustration. Also, on the website, you cannot see the comments people make to us…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

19. Fix bugs in the online RSVP

The online RSVP has a few holes in it: 1) It only works intermittently on mobile. Some guests just get an error message that their invitation can't be found. But when trying on a computer, it shows up. Customer service has since told us there is no fix to this and no clear reason why some guests can use mobile and others can't. 2) Certain browsers (I've learned by contacting for help) like Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 won't work. This needs to be clearly stated on the online RSVP form somewhere so people know what to expect and how to use…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

20. Consistency across platforms

Managing my guest list with both the website and the mobile app has been a challenge since some features work differently online and on the app. Example: "+1" vs "Plus One" Grouping house holds and adding multiple people in the app is much more clear than on the web page.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base