The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to embed video to wedding website

I would love to be able to directly embed our engagement video to the website (similar to the way photos can be uploaded directly, if we could directly upload a video).

I don't want to link to youtube or anything like that as I only want to show the video to people with our website access.

This would be an amazing feature - I know lots of couples have engagement/wedding videos to share!

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. Photo Albums

PLEASE bring back photo albums instead of everything having to be in one album.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

3. RSVP Reply by Date

The RSVP location on the website is great! But to keep all the RSVP information in one section may I suggest displaying the RSVP Reply by due date within the RSVP section when the RSVPs are being collected? I found that when my RSVPs were on for collection the due date was not displayed. Even though this information is on the invitation, I feel it would be beneficial to my guests to have this date listed under or above the RSVP button.

Thank you

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

4. Wedding Party Page - Format of Members

I was disappointed to see that you no longer allow wedding party members to be formatted so the bridesmaids and groomsmen are listed next to each other. I have many bridesmaids and groomsmen and now their pictures and bios are so long. You have to scroll down to see them all. I would prefer if I can have my maid of honor next to the best man, have bridesmaids line up with groomsmen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

5. Please bring back 'frozen' headers feature on website

The Knot used to have an amazing wedding website feature, where even if you scrolled to the bottom on the page, the headers for your different website sections would still appear at the top of them page. I do not understand why you removed this feature with your 2020 product release, can you please, please bring this feature back?

This was such a great feature! Please consider bringing this back!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

6. Allow VIP guests to RSVP for more than one event (rehearsal dinner, etc.) and have private tabs where they can reference this info

I am in a friend's wedding this weekend and have found the details of all the "extra" events (like rehearsal dinner) to be unclear as her big day approaches. I wish I could access this information on her knot website so I don't have to text her during wedding week or guess about social expectations. I have been thinking about how nice it would be if the knot would add capability for guests to RSVP to more than one event so expectations are clear. It would be AMAZING if this could even translate into private tabs for private events where…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create an HTML editor on the templates

The templates are so clunky. I can't do anything I want to do - it appears so differently when you preview it on the front-end. Please add an HTML editor and give people a little flexibility.

Also, for the design I chose, the placement of the homepage photo looks so weird on mobile. :(

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow for font color change on wedding website

I am really bothered that I cannot change the font color of the links on our wedding website. Some of them blend in with the background - "RSVP" and "Home" are impossible to see on our website and RSVP is clearly an important link to show. Even simply allowing for black or white links would help to fix this problem but I don't see why other colors cannot be included.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to allow guests to add free form text (i.e. Favorite Memory of Couple)

I would love to include a "favorite memory" page where guests can submit free text to let us know what favorite memory with my partner and I. This could be either public on the website of private for only the couple to see.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the ability to add intro text to the RSVP page

I would like the ability to add intro text to the RSVP page. I have a very important notice I want to put there and the only option was to add an announcement site-wide. Seems crazy this basic piece wouldn't be there.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Embed Map

It would be appreciated if there was a 'code block' option so I could embed a custom google map with locations relevant to our wedding.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

12. How do I disable plus one option when guests are RSVPing

Hi, I am curious if there is a way to disable the option for a plus one when guests RSVP? We have a strict guest list, and I donn't want guests to be able to RSVP with a plus one, unless it is already included.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Our website is very informative

We have a marriage hall in Khardaha which name is Shilpi marriage hall. The website of our marriage hall will provide many information. Our website is https://shilpimarriagehall.in/.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cropping and editing photos in a gallery DOES NOT WORK

I'm not able to edit the aspect ratio or the cropping on ANY photos. I edit and then it does not save!! Very dissappointed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make custom website urls HTTPS COMPLIANT

The last post about this is from 2017 and the follow-up comments in the last 2 years have not been responded to. Please make the custom URLs HTTPS! We have paid extra to customize the URL and it literally costs nothing to add HTTPS. (I added it to my personal work website for free!)

Please advise!

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

16. RSVP - Use of Cache/Cookie Data - User Experience Improvement Required

RSVP functionality.

If guests are trying to RSVP and using a shared computer, the RSVP registers the first attendee. When the second attendee attempts to RSVP, the option is not available because the browser seems to recognise, from the cookies, that the guest has already RSVP'd.

Easy to reproduce in testing; would recommend reviewing and adjusting the settings to not look at cookies/cache, or provide an option to 'RSVP as another guest' etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

17. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Website view counter

Hi is there an update to use a website view counter?? We’d all love that update!!!

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

19. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

20. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page down from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base