The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. INCREASE DIVERSITY!

As a woman of color planning her wedding, I found it unfortunate that the hundreds (yes hundreds) of pages of wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and wedding accessories that I have browsed, ONLY feature Caucasian brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. It would be refreshing to see more diverse faces showcased in that realm. I'm certain that many women would find it refreshing to see greater diversity reflected on this website when it comes to brides (and grooms) on their special day. I do enjoy coming to The Knot but the sheer lack of diversity in the faces that you choose to…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate your feedback. Here at XO Group and The Knot we value everyone and really want to show this in our publications and articles. We continue to work on expanding the models used as well as the weddings featured in our Real Weddings. I hope that over the next year you will start to see a change in this regard. Our Editorial team has been given your feedback as well for their direct consideration.

Thank you for being a member that wants to see us move forward – we appreciate you.

XO,
      Keri

• I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items, and perhaps you could build in some suggested comments to add. For example, when I check off Book Reception Venue, I would like to add a comment for the name of the venue, address, website, contact, etc. That information could be fed into other areas of my account so that it is easily accessible.

I would also like to be able to add/edit items on the Checklist. For example, I am not having my engagement party until later on in my engagement, so I would like to…

30 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a common request and we are truly working on how you can manage your checklist (and budgeter) to make it more personalized. This will eventually include the ability for you to add your own items and comments to keep track of your notes.

Keep watching! I know they are still in the design phase, but it is coming.

XO,
        Keri

• Wedding Dresses

It would be really helpful, if it would be possible to select two or three options simultaneously to refine the search. For example, if I'm okay with two fabrics and I'm looking for an A-Line or Mermaid dress, I can't use your filters for that and the search is more time consuming in the end!

Thanks!

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I would love to be able to have my guests donate to the Alzheimer's Association

The Charity Program is a wonderful idea. I would love to be able to have my guests donate to the Alzheimer's Association as members of both our families are currently living with it and others have died from it. As millions of Americans are affected by Alzheimer's, I know it might be a charity near and dear to others and greatly benefit from being added to your list

11 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What a wonderful cause indeed! We are reviewing our charity registries this year and hope that by summer we will have a much larger list available for you to choose from. Right now our limited list comes to us from the JustGive.org program and they continue to be a great partner with The Knot.

• Upload a custom favicon for the wedding website

I think that it would be nice to be able to upload a custom favicon. (At the very least, add a default icon.) Currently, there is no icon at all so browsers are just displaying the default. I think that this little extra detail will go a long way in adding quality and personality to our websites.

65 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion. I will be sure to pass this along to our Product team that works with our mobile and online features for their consideration.

Enjoy your planning!
              XO,
              Keri

• Image Sizing & Editing

Make it useable....not a good experience when you don't provide the dimensions that are needed for an image or allow it to work in common browsers such as IE and Firefox.

21 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
                Thanks

35 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we are very close to making this much more accessible for you. Right now you can print the checklist like you would print any webpage, using the print feature on your browser.

Enjoy your planning!
                  XO,
                  Keri

• A few things that aren't very flexible

I've designed our website with titles in lowercase, and want to keep it as a very simple look & feel. Here are a few things I've found that you might look at for future development.

I can change the font for every section except the top bar/menu. This makes it look weird when I have consistency everywhere else.

All of the section titles can be changed except 'Ceremony and Reception'. There's no option to change it so it looks odd.

The 'our wedding' & 'after party' titles are lower case but in the RSVP 'Wedding' appears uppercase.

Order of events…

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send in these notes. Our Product design team is eager to hear this type of feedback as they work on improvements to our site all the time. I hope you see some of these implemented in the near future.

XO,
                    Keri

• 117 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for writing in! There is no seating chart on the new site but new features are coming in 2016.

Thanks!

Krista

• Same *** partners

It is a bit rude to not have your website gender neutral. My male fiancé and I (a male) keep receiving information about wedding dresses. It is a bit insulting and not with the times

17 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely hear what you are saying. We hear this from Dad’s on The Bump as well, and we are actively looking at how we can adjust our systems in the future so that gender and role are taken into more consideration in the planning process for weddings and babies. Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

I hope you are still able to find a great amount of applicable information on the site in the meantime.

Enjoy your planning!
                        XO,
                        Keri

• Guest List "parties" and Seating Chart

I'm sorry, but this new website rollout has to be one of the worst managed transitions I have ever seen - taking what is already stressful for most of us to a whole new level! Whoever walked into a staff meeting and said, hey ya'll I have a great idea, let's take a good thing and completely ruin it!...should be forced to spend 10 minutes with us disgruntled brides/grooms...and then they should be fired. I spent hours having to completely rebuild my website that I had already spent a ton of time working on, and I would have left theknot…

26 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send this feedback. We have heard from quite a few members some of the same struggles you have expressed here. We are working on bringing back some of the features that were most loved and used. I will say that the reason some were not on the first edition of the new guest list manager is that they were not used by many of our members (like the seating chart).

But, we do hear your frustration and are working on how we can bring some of this function back. It is going to take some time, but it is being worked on now.

Thanks for sharing your frustration. We appreciate that you are already planning a wedding and need less stress in all these other areas.

Keri

• It's weird that registry partners automatically give The Knot registry information

I get that it might be convenient for Knot users to have their registries automatically added to The Knot, but it would be really nice if it's something where you very visibly opt-in, rather than having it be a default. It feels invasive and, frankly, a bit creepy.

18 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really thank you for taking the time to send this over. All of our registry partners put this information in a different place to let members know they are going to publicly share your information with The Knot. We are working with each partner to make sure this is clear moving forward. We are also looking at how we can make this more private even when it is shared with us so you, as the member, can opt in when you choose.

We hope to see changes in this field later this summer.

XO,
                            Keri

• Budgeter Calculations are Not Correct

The budgeter calculations are not accurate. The subtotals on a $40,000 budget add up to $41,440. The subtotals on a $50,000 budget add up to $51,800. Once corrected, it is very handy to have your estimates and actual expenditures available at all times.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. Yes, the budgeter tool is an estimator and it does round to the next nearest number. This means that many times your estimates are going to be a bit higher than the budget. If you have specific feedback on how the tool could be better, please send them to us at newtools@theknot.com – Attn: Keri.

We will chat soon!
                              XO,
                              Keri

• Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

141 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                29 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
                                Keri

• Name Change Alteration

You need to add changing the name on the title of any vehicles to the list of things to do when changing your name
                                https://www.theknot.com/content/name-change-101

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great feedback! I am sending this forward to our editorial team so they can review the article.
                                  Enjoy your day!
                                  XO,
                                  Keri

• Privacy settings

I would love it if when you hit for your wedding website to not show up in google search it would actually work. I think better privacy settings would greatly be appreciated.

37 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We continue to work with Google, as the main search source, to see how this process can be faster. Right now they still tell us it takes 7-28 days for items to be removed once populated on their sites. I am glad you took time to send this over as it does help us in our quest to get this done as fast as possible for our members.

Enjoy your planning.
                                    Keri

• I wish there was an interactive tab

It would be nice to have an interactive tab on the website that guests can have fun with. For example, it would be nice to set up a poll for guests to pick where the couple should go for their honeymoon. It would keep guests involved in the planning process along with helping out the bride and groom by getting suggestions and opinions from guests. You could also set up a quiz that guests can take to see how much they know about the couple; like where they first met and how long they were dating before they got engaged,…

21 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • More Custom Pages!

We need more than just 2 custom pages! I added my own pages because layout is important to me and your layout options are extremely limiting. I want to add a page for Key Members (my officiant and our parents) but now I can't! At least let member make 4 custom pages especially since there are so many complaints regarding layout options/errors/problems.

Help!

24 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate your feedback. We want to open the site to make it what you need and I have asked our Product Design team to look at being able to open this up more in a future release.

Keri

• Offer different date formats

Please could you give an option in settings for changing the format of your wedding date. For example the only option currently is to have it as August 29, 2016, however as I'm British I would like to show it the English way: 29 August 2016.
                                        Please could you add this feature?
                                        Thanks!

16 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 10 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base