The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'm unhappy with my photo being stretched on the desk top version, but fine on the phone version. Please use the same proportions for both!

Please use the same proportion for the main photos between the desktop version (super stretched out - width wise) and the phone version. Or allow us to upload a "banner" type photo along with a main photo. I don't like to see myself and my fiance all stretched out like that!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback and I appreciate you sending it over. I would love to help you get a different picture uploaded – if you choose – that might work a bit better. Send us a couple of landscape photos to choose from at help@theknot.com – attn: Keri.

We are going to review this with the team to find out if we can offer a different type of proportion that will work in both places. You look fabulous all the time and we want you to see that in your Ultimate Wedding Planner too!

xoxo,
    Keri

2. Gendered language in registry survey

Hello,
    This note is in response to a survey I received via email titled "What were your wedding registry essentials? Tell us!"

I would like to register my disgust at the hetero-normative language that was used throughout this survey. I have accepted that 99% of the photos on the Knot feature a heterosexual couple (the vast majority of those being white too) and understand that there are fewer LGBT weddings occurring across the country. It has made me feel marginalized in my own wedding planning, but I understood and accepted it.

What I will not accept is the blatant use…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you. Not only for taking time out of your day to send this very important note, but for calling this out to us at all. We are definitely trying to make strides on our site so that all couples feel welcome and valued at The Knot. We just have a few areas that are either being overlooked or that haven’t had the full update yet. This is definitely one of them.

I have already sent your feedback along to our Research and Marketing teams so we can make sure this is quickly on our priority list. I am very sorry you did not feel welcomed by our site when taking this quiz – that you felt we did not value you as a couple and that we did not value this enough to have made this change earlier. Thank you, again, for giving us an opportunity to see this…

3. Adding to app

Add an option for guest to request songs when they rsvp

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Ability to match background and invitation colors

It is so nice to be able to have the option to match your invitations with your theme. But you can only change the color of the background on the invitations, not the website background. It would be perfect to be able to change the colors, and to any color you want so it can match your wedding colors instead of a select few.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Streamlined search results

I understand that companies pay to be featured, and that has to be carried out for those users. However, I am simply searching for my vendors in Greenville, SC, but when I search I have to sift through tons of vendors all the way in Charleston, SC which is not close by. It's very frustrating when I'm simply trying to provide feedback to my vendors, and have trouble locating them on your website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Add sort, a search bar, and higher wedding dress price ranges.

Hello,

I really like this website, but there are some key functional components that it is lacking that would make it much more user friendly.

1. Adding the ability to Sort results by price, alphabetically, newest/oldest, etc.
      This feature is desperately needed in multiple areas of this website for example, the wedding dress section. While the filters are great, they are not the same as the sorting function.

2. Search Bar.
      Every website needs a search bar! With so much on this website, a search bar is crucial!

3. Higher Wedding Dress Price Ranges
      Just putting $10,000+ is extremely vague! Perhaps you weren't…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Allow guest to RSVP with their Mobile number instead of name.

Hi, I would love to use the Knot website to allow my guest to RSVP. Of course I only want the people that are on my guest list to RSVP. But the problem is when guest do not type their name like it is on the guest list they will not be able to RSVP.

I was wondering if "The Knot" can add a feature to where it can verify the guest by phone number? That would make it a lot more accurate and we would not have to worry about misspellings.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. More inclusive options

Hello,

I am excited to use your website for my upcoming wedding, however, I noticed there is not a Mrs. & Mrs. option in the headline. I was wondering if you could create a more inclusive format and include other options for same *** couples.

Thank you for considering my request.
    Jessica

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Subtle moving graphic/compatibility with all common devices

I saw that other websites or emails have moving images and graphics. Would it be possible for future wedding websites to have moving images compatible from any smartphone or laptop? (i.e a plane flying across the page for a destination website when you first enter the site, simple twinkles for some the New Years weddings. It doesn’t have to be cheesy, just subtle and VERY simple. Not so flashy it gives people a headache or distracting. There are so many wonderful ideas and possibilities. When guests open up the website, it’s something unique that they may not have seen with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Alphabetical sorting by first or last name

This used to be by first name, and since I have numbered and sent out my invitations you have switched the sort to by last name. I am sure that for most people this is a more natural sort, but the change was made without any notice and will make double checking the responses from everyone much harder for me.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Bridesmaid dresses

Having been in a dozen of weddings myself do you ever do best places for bridesmaid dresses? I have had good and really bad experiences and ultimately it would be helpful if there was a list of top places. Survey my friends and I just had a horrible experience ordering offline jjhouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to change the font and spacing in the email when sharing the website

Hi there. It would be nice to be able to change the font and spacing in the email subject box when sharing the website via email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. New Budget Calculator

Hello,
    I wanted to point out that your budget calculator is not great for big city weddings. I live in NYC and I put down a wedding budget of $25,000 and your calculator told me my venue should only be $2,000 - this does NOT exist in NYC. It might be nice to have two kinds of budget calculators available - one for small town USA and one for larger cities.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Idea: use a dictionary

Look up the word "song" in the dictionary, please. Songs have words, lyrics which are—get this!—sung. If a piece of music has no sung lyrics, it is, in fact, not a song. I am looking for songs...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. customize to-do lists by wedding type....cruise wedding in the future

I am looking at doing my wedding on a cruise ship and it would be nice if the list could be changed to that type of wedding

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles.

It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles. There are certain things that I am having a difficult time finding without a search function (i.e. advice to pick a wedding band or DJ)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Submit my wedding myself

I wish you could submit your real wedding yourself instead of having your photographer do it for you. They are so extremely busy its hard to get them to do it without charging me and I really wanted to share my day with you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Be able to add poems from Pintrest about money instead of gifts

Ability to copy and paste into your website from a word document

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Purchasing Wedding Dress - Timeline

The time you recommend to purchase your wedding dress in is NOT ACCURATE!!! You make an appointment AT LEAST 9 months in advance, so you need more time. If not SOONER!!! You want to leave room for alterations, deciding color and styles for your Bridesmaids (which can take up to 6 Months to order), the Groom and Groomsmen and also the Mothers. That takes time and you want to make sure to have your gown selected before that. It sets the tone for the whole style and look of your day, 2nd only to the venue. So, not something that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base