The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mobile

mobile website displays the images without rotating images the way I set them. Works fine on laptop.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I would like a destination wedding budgeter

There are expenses that are not captured by the budgeter for destination weddings. For example, airfare. Many of the other expense items are rolled into packages for destination weddings as well.

Perhaps an option to select local vs destination wedding and have the appropriate line items would be nice.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What a great suggestion! Our Checklist/Budgeter features are being reviewed for updates and we are definitely passing this forward to our team for consideration.

Enjoy!
        Keri

• The Knott App

Hello,
        I have just seen my best friend created an app from a app called 'Appy Couple' and my idea is to transfer the site I have already created on The Knot into a mobile app.
        I have no idea if that is a feasible thing to do for you but it would be awesome to be able to offer not only a free website, but a way to have it as an app seamlessly. The app she showed me, offered more choices on the RSVP front so I suggest for you to have a look at it.
        Good luck…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion. I will be sure to pass this along to our Product team that works with our mobile features for their consideration.
          Enjoy your planning!
          XO,
          Keri

• Providing Vendors with my email

Hello,
          I used your site to contact three vendors for more information. I am now receiving emails back from several vendors that I did not contact - my personal email is being filled with information from vendors that I am not interested in using. I've heard a lot of great feedback about your site but am very disappointed in this "feature". Very frustrating.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sending in your feedback. We do have a box, that is often overlooked, that tells the couple we are going to also have 5 other vendors reach out to you. You can opt out of this, but many forget in the hurry of sending in their request for information.

That being said – we are reviewing this process and it will be improved in early January so it isn’t overlooked and you are just hearing from vendors that you choose. Sorry this wasn’t the best experience right now, but we are listening and it will be fixed.

Enjoy your planning!
            Keri

• Update your Tipping cheat sheet!!

Tipping reception Staff and anyone who works your wedding is not optional. It is protocol. This is false info.

When you see this on a contract it is only because catering companies, restaurants, rental companies, florists, planners, etc. do not pay their employees very much money. And they want you to pay the rest for them.

The Knot needs to make it known to people outside of the industry that it is industry protocol to tip all staff. Unless they ruined your day, gratuity is expected. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it needs to be something.

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send this over. Can you email us at help@theknot.com with the link where you found this reference? I would love to review with our Editorial team and make sure the right information is being displayed.

Thanks!
              Keri

• Multiple Selections!

It would be incredible to be able to be able to do multiple selections for general searches (i.e. I'd like to look at ballgowns AND a-line dresses) Rather than having to do multiple individual searches). Also being able to have multiple selections for PRICE, or even being able to type in a price range (i.e. "under $4000) would be extremely beneficial than having to sift through each individual price category.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • [Guest List Manager] Zip Codes don't export with guest address information.

I thought it was wonderful that suggested addresses popped up when entering my guests into the Guest List Manager. But it wasn't so wonderful to export the list and discover there were no zip codes included. So now I have to go back and enter those again. It really makes the address finder feature useless.

21 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks so much for letting us know about this issue. We are looking into it and will get back to you when we have an update.

You should absolutely be able to export the zip codes associated with each guest address!

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

• new website less intuative

Your new website builder seems less intuitive than the previous one for both creator and user. The scroll down page instead of a sidebar is rather irritating as well as how much less control you have over page creation and layout. As someone who has used other website builders I think I will move to a platform that allows more freedom. Also, why did you get rid of so many of the backgrounds, I thought the one on my old site was beautiful and now most of them are very bland. Finally, your new program seems rather buggy, I was…

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • [Registry] The look of the manual added registry is quite boring.

The look of the manually added registry is quite boring. It's just a whit box with text and a button. Can you guys consider allowing us to add a background image or icon for the manual registry additions?

64 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      9 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website

experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

XO – Meuy

• Guest list manager update is not so great

I lost about ten guests in the import- so I had to print out the old one and go through one by one to find out who I'm missing. This would be easier if guests were organized in the same format as the old list. I'll probably just switch to Excel from here on out. Not impressed.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
                        Keri

• I just tried the "request quote" button for several venues and found a bug.

The prepopulated value in the datepicker is not valid.

Steps to reproduce:

Open TheKnot while signed into account.
                        Go To Venues + Receptions -> Wedding Reception Venues.
                        Open a venue.
                        Click request quote.
                        Click in the "Wedding Date" box
                        Click outside the wedding date box (but still in the popup so that the Send Message popup does not go away).

Expected results: Date is confirmed, everything works, and messages can be sent.

Actual Results: Red error saying "Wedding Date is required" and an inability to Send Message

Workaround:
                        Click "My Knot"
                        Click Edit Date
                        Select date
                        Copy Date to clip…

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Thank you for the step-by-step explanation! It helps us us replicate and fix the issue. This is one we are working on and will have an update soon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Krista

• Filters for dress browsing- make it so that you can select more than one search option in each search category

It would be great if when browsing dresses, we could select more than one parameter for example price- I would like to see all dresses from $500-$1200 but as it is I can only look at dresses from 500-799 or whatever it is. For all parameters it would be great to select more than one option within a category. Thanks! :D

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • I'd like to be able to seperate my guests into day guests and evening guests

It would be good to be able to see who has confirmed for the day or evening, rather than seeing them altogether.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • iPad optimised

It is a nightmare trying to design and manage my site on my iPad. I have to power up my laptop which takes forever. Are there any plans to make the site mobile friendly?

18 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch! We do have plans to optimize for tablet but not in the too near future.

We are currently focused on improving the desktop and phone experiences.

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

• [Wedding Website] I'd still like the option for side navigation on my wedding website.

I really dislike the new way that the wedding websites are laid out. It seems silly to have to scroll through the information, rather than click the sections. Why did you take away the side sections (or at least have an option to select the layout)? The headers at the top that have the drop down menus are hard to read with the layout designs there are. The old websites were much better organized and easier to read. I'm seriously considering julding my own site and abandoning this one.

122 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  13 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Thanks,
                                  Katie

• [Favorites + Boards] I want to be share my boards.

Be able to share a board with someone

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on boards! We will definitely be adding this feature in the future.

Krista

• 12 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      8 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI there!

Where would you like the ability to use a lowercase title – somewhere on your wedding website?

Thanks for writing in!

Krista

• [Fashion] PLEASE add a "wedding dress color" search option!

Like many other brides, I won't be wearing a white gown for my wedding (and I therefore won't be using The Knot to search for wedding gowns, as there seems to be no way to find dresses that aren't white). I'd be thrilled to find this option in the future!

14 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        under review  ·  Krista P. responded

Thanks for the great feedback! We will pass this along to our Fashion team.

Happy planning!

Krista

• 11 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for writing in!

I just want to confirm where you would like the ability to replace “and”…in your wedding website page names?

Thanks so much!

Krista

• [Guest List Manager] I want to export my guest list with only the accepted guests on it.

I am attempting to export our accepted guest list but it keeps exporting
                                          our entire guest list instead....ideas? Thoughts? Help please! I need to be
                                          able to email just those attending.

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

Unfortunately our guest list manager can only export the entire list. We are still making improvements and this option may be possible in the future, so be on the look out for any updates.

Danny

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base