The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A few things that aren't very flexible

I've designed our website with titles in lowercase, and want to keep it as a very simple look & feel. Here are a few things I've found that you might look at for future development.

I can change the font for every section except the top bar/menu. This makes it look weird when I have consistency everywhere else.

All of the section titles can be changed except 'Ceremony and Reception'. There's no option to change it so it looks odd.

The 'our wedding' & 'after party' titles are lower case but in the RSVP 'Wedding' appears uppercase.

Order of events…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send in these notes. Our Product design team is eager to hear this type of feedback as they work on improvements to our site all the time. I hope you see some of these implemented in the near future.

XO,
    Keri

2. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pre-nup information

Hello, I have been using the knot for all my wedding planning and I love it. One thing I feel is missing is the (sometimes uncomfortable) topic of pre-nup agreements. In an age where 50% of marriage end in divorce and divorces cost over $20,000, every couple should plan for this event that they hope will never happen. It would be great to add "discuss possibility of prenup" on your checklist and also provide tips on how to bring up this sensitive topic with you fiance, how to go about getting a prenup, the benefits of binding arbitration instead of…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ideas for The Knot LookBook App

It would be great to add the following categories to The Knot LookBook App:

-flower bouquets and arrangements, with filters for: what's in season in your area, types of bouquets, by flower type (with the option to select multiple flowers)

-wedding decor

-search colour schemes, it would be neat to be able to select a colour scheme and see a flow of images pertaining to that from bridesmaid dresses to decor ect.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. power tools in registry

Power tools or normal tools at home to be listed in the wedding registry tools. How do you not have any hand or power tools in here? You have 10 different categories for the kitchen. You even have "Kitchen Tools". I realize the person reading this isn't to blame, but this is really really sad. I really hope I missed something, and if I did I hope I get a reply about how awful I am for being so critical.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Postage stamps

I decided to use postcard save the dates and got them all ordered - only to realize that USPS only offers one kind of postcard stamp! It might be a good idea to include postage selection and purchasing as a line item on the checklist, around the time that people are ordering the save the dates, so if they opt for custom postage it will be there when things are ready to go in the mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link blog or personal website

I would love to have an easier and more aesthetically pleasing way to link my personal blog to our wedding website.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you make bullet points when typing in the description text boxes?

When typing information about the hotel accommodations i wish to add bullet points to lay out the different information

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Knott App

Hello,
    I have just seen my best friend created an app from a app called 'Appy Couple' and my idea is to transfer the site I have already created on The Knot into a mobile app.
    I have no idea if that is a feasible thing to do for you but it would be awesome to be able to offer not only a free website, but a way to have it as an app seamlessly. The app she showed me, offered more choices on the RSVP front so I suggest for you to have a look at it.
    Good luck…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new website less intuative

Your new website builder seems less intuitive than the previous one for both creator and user. The scroll down page instead of a sidebar is rather irritating as well as how much less control you have over page creation and layout. As someone who has used other website builders I think I will move to a platform that allows more freedom. Also, why did you get rid of so many of the backgrounds, I thought the one on my old site was beautiful and now most of them are very bland. Finally, your new program seems rather buggy, I was…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Fashion] PLEASE add a "wedding dress color" search option!

Like many other brides, I won't be wearing a white gown for my wedding (and I therefore won't be using The Knot to search for wedding gowns, as there seems to be no way to find dresses that aren't white). I'd be thrilled to find this option in the future!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Krista P. responded

Thanks for the great feedback! We will pass this along to our Fashion team.

Happy planning!

Krista

1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base