The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the inbox easier to get to

It’s freaking impossible to find your inbox on mobile website or app. I’m very computer savvy and I’m having serious issues finding something that should be at the top right corner of every page. Ridiculous.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2. List your location with directions from major cities or link to mapquest.

List your address and location with directions from major cities to your location. Show on map quest. I can find an address any where.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

3. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log in?

Touch ID login would be a nice convenience if possible :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Website Header.

I want to put my hashtag as the header or footer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

5. Color names instead of numbers

I love the color palette I made on your site but I'm having a terrible time trying to find inspiration or things to match it without having color names to search. I even tried searching the numbers you've provided and nothing comes up! A color name would be way more efficient!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Unique Passcode for each guest

I want to provide guests with their own unique passcode - which will be used as an additional authentication / security when RSVPing with First Name + Last Name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Contact Info on RSVP

When things are set up for the RSVP, it would be nice to also be able to use it as a contact information collection. I know that you have a contact list collector, but I am sending out the invitation with the link for RSVP (so I have all the mailing info) but I am thinking other info that families may be interested in collecting when getting together as a group... birthdates, wedding dates, or changing of address, etc

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

8. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

9. Ability to change color themes on wedding website

I wish I could customize the colors of my wedding website. Several of the website themes could work for my wedding theme, but none of them are close to the right colors. Considering I don't plan on buying the matching invitations, I feel like I should be able to customize the color theme.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

10. Search bar

There needs to be a search bar on theknot.com website. It is extremely annoying (and time consuming) to scroll through all the articles to find te advice I need. For example, right now I am trying to find an article about who is supposed to give speeches at the rehearsal dinner. Instead of a simple search of the word "speech," I am now scrolling through TONS of advice articles ranging for bachelorette party ideas, to color choosing, to dressing a dog up for the wedding. Please add a search bar on your webiste!!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

11. International Information

You provide a few articles on having a destination wedding but I would love if you included more. Branch out and include vendors and info for the actually planning of a destination wedding. Obviously you can't include every vendor in every city but maybe the bigger ones like Paris, Fiji, Australia, ect. Also let the Newlywed Fund include international banks and currency!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Hashtag

Provide a space under the couples name on the wedding website for them to add their wedding hashtag. This way all the guests know exactly what the hashtag is prior to entering the wedding.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

13. RSVP - multiple emails

Hi there! I would love to be able to add another email to the account. I've been getting all of the RSVP updates & wonderful messages that come with some of them. I forwarded them to my fiancé, and he said "why can't you just add me so you don't have to forward each of them." Which would make it a lot easier than sending each one to him individually.
    Thanks so much!

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

14. Download a copy of website pages for a keepsake

I would love to be able to save a copy of our website pages to make into a photo album or get a pdf of the pages. I put a lot of time into each of the website pages and I think it would be really neat if The Knot would offer an option to print and send a hard cover book showing each page to the couple for a keepsake.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

15. Site settings

We should be able to choose from an actual font size to dictate sizes throughout the customized wedding website – using a slider to adjust the sizes mean that we must guess, and the text looks sloppy, since there's seemingly no way to match up font sizes. I also don't like that capitalization is removed; that should be a choice and not a forced default. I'm putting effort into making this website both attractive and helpful, and the settings in place mean that there are elements that look like errors for those of us wanting something grammatically and stylistically correct.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. The Knot should offer guest an opportunity to, congratulate couples, and share their memorable stories.

Either a close friend or family member could compose these messages for a surprise presentation to the bride and grooms at their reception. It would also be very helpful for guest who may not be able to come to the wedding. It would give all the guest and opportunity to share their memories instead of just the best man and maid of honor.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Allow customized wording for sending address form

The heading in the form specifically says we are ready to send save the dates to our guests but we are only sending out invites.. our wedding is short notice so it's in 60 days but my guests are going to get the impression that my wedding date is further out if we have time to send save the dates

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Vendors- photographers

I contacted a good number of photographers in your website and the majority were higher in price than listed in your website. Quite frustrating to be excited about a photographers work only to realize they're outside of your price range.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending in this feedback. We continue to work with our vendors, asking them to provide updated pricing information for their storefronts. Unfortunately, we are beholden to them providing this information. I will make sure our Vendor team is aware that this is a pain point for our couples.

XOXO,
    Keri

19. vowel renewal ceremonies

Information targeted toward vowel renewal ceremonies would be really helpful as the planning is much different. For example I am looking for a ceremony location that will be for a small intimate crowd rather than the large wedding we had 10 years ago.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Destination Wedding

You should be able to add a destination wedding location to your wedding website.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base