The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page down from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2. Wedding Timeline - Custom "People"

Hi team,

It would be wonderful to have the ability to add custom "People" to the wedding timeline feature. There is this feature in the "Role" field on guests, but these custom roles do not carry over into the timeline section. Enabling this feature will allow for more options such as Best Woman, Mother/Father of the Bride/Groom, etc.

To me, the best option would be to allow users to select individual guests and/or groups of people. Then they could make micromanage or plan broadly. :)

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

3. Please, please, please separate the Officiant and Premarital Counseling Category.

These are two VERY different services and it is very confusing to your clients because they believe the vendors in this category do both. It is also highly unethical for officiants to say that they provide premarital counseling or coaching services when they are not qualified (licensed and/or certified). There should be a separate vendor category of Premarital Counseling and Coaching where only qualified professionals can be listed. We are only Premarital Counselors but have to be in the "Officiants + Premarital Counseling" category and we are still being contacted to officiate weddings when we don't say anywhere that we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RSVP

I would like to option to add other administrators, my fiance and my mom, to see who has RSVPed. My mom is helping a lot with administration of my wedding.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

6. Being able to edit the checklist names

It would be nice to be able to edit the checklist items name. Example "Book your bar service" to be able to edit it to "Purchase wine and beer for wedding" since we aren't per say having a "bar service". thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We love hearing this suggestion. Having the ability to personalize the checklist is a common ask and our Development teams continue to look at ways we can make this happen. We hope that in the future it will be a flexible list that you can adjust at will… but it is going to take more time.

Thanks again!
    xoxo,
    Keri

7. Make the inbox easier to get to

It’s freaking impossible to find your inbox on mobile website or app. I’m very computer savvy and I’m having serious issues finding something that should be at the top right corner of every page. Ridiculous.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

8. Add Canadian Vendors

When I search in vendors, it gives me all US Vendors. I am in Canada. In Victoria, BC to be exact. When I click to search venders there, it comes up with Vendors in Ontario? So frustrating because I want to use your wedding planner, but I can't if certain features don't work. I'm hoping maybe this is a simple fix?

Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Charity Choices

To whom this may concern,

I notice there are pro-choice organizations but no pro-life equivalent organizations as charity to be selected to support. I would love to see The Knot branch out and add equivalents instead of being skewed with certain charities that are secular.

Is there a way to recommend a certain organization? I work at one of the largest non-profit pregnancy resource centers in Texas and was trying to find it as a charity or one of similar nature to support my passion.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Thank you,
    Rachel

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

10. List your location with directions from major cities or link to mapquest.

List your address and location with directions from major cities to your location. Show on map quest. I can find an address any where.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

11. Currency converter

I need American dollars converted into Aussie dollars.

I keep checking prices and freak out and then realize this site is in American dollars.... HELP!!!

VOTE! VOTE VOTE!!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry this doesn’t convert over for you. I know our teams have looked at this, and for now they are still going to stay with just the US dollar, but we will keep this open so you can see others voting this up. The best way for the team to know this is a priority is to ‘hear’ from other members well.

xoxo,
    Keri

12. Color names instead of numbers

I love the color palette I made on your site but I'm having a terrible time trying to find inspiration or things to match it without having color names to search. I even tried searching the numbers you've provided and nothing comes up! A color name would be way more efficient!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Availability for different languages and website flexibility

Hello!
    I am designing our wedding website. Half of our family members are Americans, another half are Russians. For everyone's convenience, I was creating pages in both languages. However, it uses a different font when I am creating pages in the Russian language. I wish you can improve it and make it suitable to write in different languages. Moreover, I could not duplicate or redirect "other events", "accommodations", or "Travel and Transportation" pages to make it in Russian. I don't mind to create new pages, but the website does not give options to choose a page type or layout. I…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Unique Passcode for each guest

I want to provide guests with their own unique passcode - which will be used as an additional authentication / security when RSVPing with First Name + Last Name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Printer-Friendly Option

I had been going through some of my favorite reception venues on my The Knot account and wanted to print some of them out to compare. However, when I went to print it, it printed several pages and was not very aesthetically pleasing. It would be great to have a "printer friendly" option for some of these pages that was more concise and fit better onto the printed pages.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. When you send out your invites by sharing the site, your guest list should automatically sync and show the invitation has been sent.

You shouldn’t have to go back in and manually click, invitation sent. Also, if someone is grouped. Their plus one shouldn’t automatically show up in other events, such as the bridal shower. My guests have had a lot of issues with trying to RSVP on the site.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Add a regular “search” to your website.

It’s always great to be able to just search the website using keywords. It’s a standard “must have” for a modern website.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Add link to attire in invitation

Add link to attire in invitation:

I'm a guest to a wedding and the invitation says "Attire: Formal". The wedding's at 1 pm so I was wondering if they wanted us in Morning Dress (the daytime white tie). I asked them and they said no, dark suits would suffice. Then it occurred to me to Google your site for attire, where I found that you define the single word "Formal" as "black tie optional". I suggest you add a hyperlink in your invitations to your page on attire selection, so that guests can go directly to the definitions on your…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

20. Provide a summary/highlight area above newlywed funds

Hi there!

I am using the Knot's newlywed fund as our honeymoon fund, but I really hate how I can't explain our honeymoon or why we are using this registry above our picked funds. Would you please be able to provide this option? Most honeymoon fund sites allow you to explain yourself above or before you have to click on the actual fund.

Thanks so much
    xx

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you sending over this feedback. Right now Newlywed Fund is only set up so your guests will see the details after they open each fund. We do encourage you to have a few fund tiles set up so that you can give a brief look inside to each of them. Maybe Honeymoon, Airfare, Dinner for Two, Parasailing…. whatever the adventure you dream of, it is good to give your guests some choices.

That being said, our team will look at this and see what they may be able to open up in the future.

xoxo,
    Keri

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base