The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeline for two brides

It would be great if the Timeline allowed for "Bride & Bride" so that one of us does not have to be referred to as "Groom". (Same for the other way around!) I was very disappointed today when trying to set my wedding timeline and could not select two brides.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Move the RSVP button BELOW the ceremony and reception section.

We need guests to read the details of ceremony and reception before clicking the button-- it's not always obvious that they need to scroll down to read the details.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Fix bugs in the online RSVP

The online RSVP has a few holes in it: 1) It only works intermittently on mobile. Some guests just get an error message that their invitation can't be found. But when trying on a computer, it shows up. Customer service has since told us there is no fix to this and no clear reason why some guests can use mobile and others can't. 2) Certain browsers (I've learned by contacting for help) like Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 won't work. This needs to be clearly stated on the online RSVP form somewhere so people know what to expect and how to use…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

5. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. 1,552 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    246 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Babies on a guest list

It would be great if there were an option for a guest list to mark guests that are under a certain age and you can keep track of every head without needing to budget for meals or seats.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

8. Improvements for the guest list

The guest list information is a nightmare. If there is a guest, and that guest's plus one has a known name, and we enter it, those two names should be the only two allowed to be "searched for" and RSVP'd for instead of me having to check and recheck the guest list every time someone RSVPs. It just accepts everyone's RSVP and adds them as new guests instead of going off the list you have already created. Double, no, TRIPLE the work and a lot of frustration. Also, on the website, you cannot see the comments people make to us…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

9. on the website, make it so you can look only at those who have accepted the invitation

On the website, I cannot isolate those who have accepted the invitation. this is a huge inconvenience for things such as creating a seating chart. It would be way nicer to be able to export only those who have accepted the invitation so you can print this list and use it in the creating of a seating plan. Super inconvenient not to be able to do this.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

10. Including Pet Care into Timeline & Checklist

Hello!

I wanted to reach out today to see if there a way we could add hiring pet care to the wedding timeline you provide to couples getting married?

From my perspective, so many couples are now including their beloved fur babies in their wedding day celebrations. However, they really don’t know how to make it happen or when they should start to think about it. As a wedding day pet care supplier, this area is too often overlooked during the wedding planning phase and left to the last minute. Couples scramble to find care and then often forget things…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

11. french

We really need a multiple-languages function for the site! would make our lives much easier. :) Personally I need a French-English site but know many others would love other language options!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

12. I want to add another map that shows close up access to the site, but it's not an option. How do I add?

I can't seem to add a second map showing details on where to park, and how to get to the specific part of the park where my event will happen. options to add such details would benefit out of town guests not familiar with the area. Please add options to add more than one map.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

13. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page *down* from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

14. Click to filter guests on guest list by who has RSVPed

I'd very much like it if on the web version I can click on the different groups of guests (total guests, accepted, declined, no response) in order to filter the list I see below according to what category I clicked. On the mobile app you can do this and it's really handy, especially when I want to see quickly who has not responded yet so I can follow up with them. I keep doing this over and over again and it's so annoying that it isn't actually a button.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. It would be nice if the knot eventually offered up multicultural style wedding planning

I am planning an Indian wedding and my use of the knot website is extremely limited in terms of decor, vendors, etc. I love the setup of the website but unfortunately will not be able to make use of all of the features as they only cater to a specific crowd. Also, in selection of wedding location, it would be nice just to be able to select a location not in the states, even if the knot is unable to provide suggestions for venues or vendors in that area.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to #

I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to "phone number". You should be able to edit what the RSVP says to guests.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Changing name of +1 for guests

It would be great if the creator of the guest list can select a plus one option for the guests they are adding to their guest list, and then when what that said guest goes to RSVP, they have the option to add the name of their plus 1 (instead of the creator of the guest list having to change it later).

336 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Let me edit a household after I've added it to the guest list please

I have to delete the household and start over every time I want to add a member of the family that I may have forgotten. Maybe there is a way to do it that I am missing? Help.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Please, please, please separate the Officiant and Premarital Counseling Category.

These are two VERY different services and it is very confusing to your clients because they believe the vendors in this category do both. It is also highly unethical for officiants to say that they provide premarital counseling or coaching services when they are not qualified (licensed and/or certified). There should be a separate vendor category of Premarital Counseling and Coaching where only qualified professionals can be listed. We are only Premarital Counselors but have to be in the "Officiants + Premarital Counseling" category and we are still being contacted to officiate weddings when we don't say anywhere that we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pictures loaded to the website

How about not having the cropping tool in a forced aspect ratio? I would like to be able to see my entire face, instead of just most of it, but the picture was taking in portrait mode and not landscape, so you know, the bottom third or the top third is gone.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base