The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine RSVPs for Events

Collect RSVP for Wedding and other events (Welcome Party, etc) in one place. Currently, I don't think people will understand they need to do both. Also, there should be a place to clearly collect dietary restrictions. Even better, let me word it...Our wedding is at an Aquarium and we want to specifically know of any shellfish allergies or other dietary needs.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking the time to give these details. While we do have the ability for you to collect RSVPs for multiple guests in one place, and to ask your guests about allergies/meal choices/restrictions, it is apparent it is not as visible as we would like it to be. We will be taking this under advisement so we can make these features more user friendly.

xoxo,
    Keri

2. Stop recommending venues if user has chosen

If I've already chosen a venue, and added the vendor to my Vendor's list, why do you continue to recommend venues to me? Logic should be in place so that the next, or which vendor I have not yet booked, should surface. I'd hate to choose a venue, and then have a better one, or one I didn't see the first time around, be recommended to me and then feel like maybe I didn't exhaust all my options.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

3. Fix bugs in the online RSVP

The online RSVP has a few holes in it: 1) It only works intermittently on mobile. Some guests just get an error message that their invitation can't be found. But when trying on a computer, it shows up. Customer service has since told us there is no fix to this and no clear reason why some guests can use mobile and others can't. 2) Certain browsers (I've learned by contacting for help) like Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 won't work. This needs to be clearly stated on the online RSVP form somewhere so people know what to expect and how to use…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

4. Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. I need to remove my name from your registry. The marriage is over. How can I get that done?

Its not an idea, i just want to be removed from your web site

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wedding Party on it's own Tab / move sub sections

Wedding Party and Details to the wedding should be on it's own tab. I hate that it is all under "our story" makes it very difficult for guest to find! I've seen many complaints on this over the past 3 years -- any updates?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add more sort and filtering functionality to Guest List

I would like the ability to sort by all of the different columns, such as "invite sent" to see whose invites are still outstanding, or "meal option" to group everyone who ordered the same type of meal together. Being able to filter on these options as well so only the guests with certain meal options are shown would be hugely helpful. It's a pain to export to Excel every time I want to check on my guest list.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Easy Adding From Guest List to Other Events

I would love to be able to multi-select guests from my guest list to add to other events instead of having to go through all 100+ guests individually.
    Also I would like to be able to select which of all my events they are invited to when I add a Guest

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Larger windows for menu choices

It's really great that you can add additional choices for meal options, however when RSVP'ing the guests can only see about 4 words of the meal description. It would be great if you could either show the whole description on the screen, have it scroll, or at least have it show when the mouse hovers over it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

10. Enable RSVP email to be sent to both bride and groom.

It would be nice if both the bride and groom could get certain updates from their wedding website. My fiancé gets all the updates from the site but I don't get any. If we could put two emails on one account this would help this issue and enable me (the groom) to help respond to certain situations rather than the bride having to deal with everything.

Yes I am a groom who actually wants to help with the wedding!! ;)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Click to filter guests on guest list by who has RSVPed

I'd very much like it if on the web version I can click on the different groups of guests (total guests, accepted, declined, no response) in order to filter the list I see below according to what category I clicked. On the mobile app you can do this and it's really handy, especially when I want to see quickly who has not responded yet so I can follow up with them. I keep doing this over and over again and it's so annoying that it isn't actually a button.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Updating ring search to include more styles/gems/eliminate types of gems

So I realized your searching options are highly limited in terms of looking for rings. I absolutely despise diamonds and would love to have a category to filter those out. Additionally, I think a theme or style search would be great (IE: modern, simple, multi-gem, no gem, open, flexible, classic etc...)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Timeline for two brides

It would be great if the Timeline allowed for "Bride & Bride" so that one of us does not have to be referred to as "Groom". (Same for the other way around!) I was very disappointed today when trying to set my wedding timeline and could not select two brides.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Move the RSVP button BELOW the ceremony and reception section.

We need guests to read the details of ceremony and reception before clicking the button-- it's not always obvious that they need to scroll down to read the details.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. 1,569 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    247 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Babies on a guest list

It would be great if there were an option for a guest list to mark guests that are under a certain age and you can keep track of every head without needing to budget for meals or seats.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

18. Improvements for the guest list

The guest list information is a nightmare. If there is a guest, and that guest's plus one has a known name, and we enter it, those two names should be the only two allowed to be "searched for" and RSVP'd for instead of me having to check and recheck the guest list every time someone RSVPs. It just accepts everyone's RSVP and adds them as new guests instead of going off the list you have already created. Double, no, TRIPLE the work and a lot of frustration. Also, on the website, you cannot see the comments people make to us…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

19. on the website, make it so you can look only at those who have accepted the invitation

On the website, I cannot isolate those who have accepted the invitation. this is a huge inconvenience for things such as creating a seating chart. It would be way nicer to be able to export only those who have accepted the invitation so you can print this list and use it in the creating of a seating plan. Super inconvenient not to be able to do this.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

20. Including Pet Care into Timeline & Checklist

Hello!

I wanted to reach out today to see if there a way we could add hiring pet care to the wedding timeline you provide to couples getting married?

From my perspective, so many couples are now including their beloved fur babies in their wedding day celebrations. However, they really don’t know how to make it happen or when they should start to think about it. As a wedding day pet care supplier, this area is too often overlooked during the wedding planning phase and left to the last minute. Couples scramble to find care and then often forget things…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base