The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share with Spouse

I feel there should be a button or feature where once someone has created an account to plan their wedding it can be shared with their spouse or partner. That way they can add and share ideas even when they're not together.

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    66 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO

2. Chat easily available

Please have the chat available on the website, rather than sending an email question. I found that the most helpful and would love it to be more easily accessible

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Why can't I add my own custom to-do items to the checklist?

It would be very helpful to be able to type in my own unique tasks to add to the checklist rather than choosing from your predetermined items.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Currency Option

Hi! I love the website/app and all of the features. However since I am not based in the US, perhaps you could add an option for us bride-to-be's to change the currency as per the country of residence/ supplier.

though i know it's possible to convert to dollars, but I mean, it makes it easy for us to keep track on the Actual amount/charge/fee.

Thanks!

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. RSVP

I would like to option to add other administrators, my fiance and my mom, to see who has RSVPed. My mom is helping a lot with administration of my wedding.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

6. More Design Options for The Knot's wedding websites

I would like to be able to import images and design concepts into The Knot to customize my website. Minted has a design I love that is unavailable on The Knot, and I am unable to sync or import the design onto my Knot wedding website. It would be great to have more advanced customization options for this reason.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Ability to Block Vendors

I think it would be helpful to have the option to block vendors who keep sending messages despite being told they are sending them to the WRONG person. I originally sent an inquiry to Edgewood Country Club asking if they were available for my date. Mark Kennedy replied. SInce that time, he has sent an invoice, a demand for payment and now another invoice. I've called and left 2 voicemails for him, replied via theknot and am tired of receiving messages from him. I never booked any services with him or his establishment and certainly DO NOT owe him any…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Customize wedding website

I wish we had the option to customize our wedding website. I found a template that goes alright with our wedding theme, however I would love to be able to remove the border that goes around the photos or at least change the colour. I love how easy it is to create a wedding website with The Knot, but being able to customize it would make it even better! Thanks!

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Wedding Timeline - Custom "People"

Hi team,

It would be wonderful to have the ability to add custom "People" to the wedding timeline feature. There is this feature in the "Role" field on guests, but these custom roles do not carry over into the timeline section. Enabling this feature will allow for more options such as Best Woman, Mother/Father of the Bride/Groom, etc.

To me, the best option would be to allow users to select individual guests and/or groups of people. Then they could make micromanage or plan broadly. :)

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Sort lists consistently

The guest list does not consistently sort the results. For example, sorting a column by 'RSVP' multiple times returns differently ordered results based on UI state. As a corollary, the filter input can update this state as well, returning a new order on change. To resolve this issue, I have found that on every .sort(), first sorting data sets by create time (or any UID) then sorting by the user assigned column fixes this issue.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

11. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. guests as kids and age

Allow to enter guest as child and their age.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Update to collect contact info feature

The collect contact info link is great. However, when collecting new data, it automatically creates a new guest. It would be nice if this feature were to cross check with your existing guest list to look for same names with phone numbers, emails, or addresses and auto-populate the missing info within the existing guest, instead of creating a duplicate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

14. Elopement-Specific Dash and Website

My fiancé are planning a bride-and-groom-only-ceremony (aka planned elopement) and wish that the Knot had a dashboard and website specifically for eloping or bride-and-groom -only-ceremonies. We would love to see tools specifically geared towards this, including vendors willing to work with very small budgets and articles on how to announce/explain the elopement. We've created a wedding website with the Knot and will send it out to our families, but we had to get creative to make it "fit".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Merge Feature for guest list

When you are gathering info from your guests and you want to add it to the existing list. There should be a merge contacts feature so that you don't have to erase duplicates manually.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Add ability to make custom categories to Guest List Manager

I would love to be able to make categories for my guests for organizing different groups and to make seating easier later (things like Bridal Party, Bride's Family, Bride's Friends, Groom's Family/Friends, Coworkers, etc--customizable would be great!)

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Expanding internationally

I love this website, even as an alternative bride, despite what the first rating I saw on this page. But what I really need is lists of AUSTRALIAN vendors. This website is perfect... For American brides. I keep having to go back and forth between EasyWeddings and TheKnot because I love the setup and layout on TheKnot, but EasyWeddings has all the Australian vendors.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Add a FAQ section to the wedding website

we know our guests and what questions they would have. Please add a FAQ section we can edit to communicate better with our guests

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. RSVP Notes Still Not Showing In Guest List Without Exporting

It has been well over a year and this still hasn't been added. I am very disappointed and a little frustrated. If I wasn't playing around with the 'Export List' option and hadn't exported my guest list over to a spreadsheet, I would have never known that my guests had left me 'RSVP Notes'. Some of my guests have allergies and my wedding could have ended poorly if I did not see the list of allergies that they left on the 'RSVP Notes'. What's the point of having this option if we can't even access it easily. If I hadn't…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. New Registry Format is Tacky; Please Convert Back

The layout has recently changed formats on the Registry tab on our wedding website, no matter what design layout we pick. It now states our names in big, bold letters at the top of the page. Guests are already at OUR wedding website... they know exactly whose wedding registry they're shopping from. Please change the format back to what it was a few months ago; it was much less tacky then.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base