The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to customize the font on the RSVP form

The font on the RSVP form is standard and doesn't match any customized wedding theme. Plus, the font for the actual R S V P letters are barely legible and would be nice if this font could be customized.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. fund

Newlywed fund is buggy.

in order to get to the confirmation screen after entering the amount you want to gift you have to click the button. if you simply hit "Enter" or "Return" it wont proceed to the confirmation screen, leading several of my guests to become confused and believe it wasn't working at all. this needs to be fixed. bug is present on desktop and mobile.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Printing option for guest list

First of all I LOVE this app and how helpful it's been in organizing my wedding details! My mother-in-law is planning the Rehearsal dinner but she's not as tech Savvy as this app requires. I do also believe that it would save a lot more time as well by having an option to print the guest list out without having to download the entire spreadsheet on Excel and having to work on the cosmetics for it. I hope to see this feature soon! I know it will be very effective! Keep up the great work!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. RSVP

I would like to see The Knot implement an automatic cut off option for the RSVP. Once the date has been set that option would work wonders. It will also encourage the guests to confirm attendance within the allotted time. Another reason, most if not all weddings require a head count for the services being requested for that day. A disclaimer should also be added as well.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Exporting Vendor list

I wish there was a way to export the vendor list so we can share it with others to have on the day of the wedding in case something comes up.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Countdown Widget for Knot App

I really wish there was a Widget for the Knot App to do a countdown! Maybe a second one that shows the current checklist items that need to be addressed. I hated getting a different app for my countdown and I thought it would be amazing if the Knot had their own.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Provide a summary/highlight area above newlywed funds

Hi there!

I am using the Knot's newlywed fund as our honeymoon fund, but I really hate how I can't explain our honeymoon or why we are using this registry above our picked funds. Would you please be able to provide this option? Most honeymoon fund sites allow you to explain yourself above or before you have to click on the actual fund.

Thanks so much
    xx

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you sending over this feedback. Right now Newlywed Fund is only set up so your guests will see the details after they open each fund. We do encourage you to have a few fund tiles set up so that you can give a brief look inside to each of them. Maybe Honeymoon, Airfare, Dinner for Two, Parasailing…. whatever the adventure you dream of, it is good to give your guests some choices.

That being said, our team will look at this and see what they may be able to open up in the future.

xoxo,
    Keri

8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Reallocate budget

I wish the Budgeter would allow you to eliminate unwanted categories and reallocate those funds to other wanted categories. Instead it just removes the category but still includes that amount as part of your overall budget. Frustrating! I know the site used to do this when I planned my wedding 13 years ago (I’m using it to plan my daughters wedding now).

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Thank You Cards Generated from the Newlywed Fund & The Knot

I am having my guests RSVP to the knot, and am also utilizing the Newlywed Fund. I love getting notified when money comes in, but it would be great if the Knot took it a step further.

When the email comes in that there is a new gift, there should be a call to action in the email that says "Write Your Thank You Card Now." The bride/groom can click this to write a meaningful gift while it is still fresh in their mind. The knot would store all thank you note messages in their system, along with the invitation…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Personal Reminder Emails

Hi,

Just a suggestion – as things move more and more toward technology, it's important that we do not forget the older generation. As a young person, I want to use technology and I feel that if you can sign onto FB, then you can sign onto The Knot. However, many people are used to paper invites with all the information. If The Knot and other wedding websites are pushing for paperless invites and more use of their site, there needs to be flexibility when it comes to communicating with guests. I know The Knot sends out reminder emails, but…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am definitely with you on this one. We want to make sure each couple has the ability to message their guests as often as they need, knowing that some guests will need more and others less reminders along the way.

When you are in the admin page for your wedding website you are given the opportunity to send an email to your guests. You can enter their email address and send out any note you choose. You can pick one or all of the email addresses you have in your guest list, and this way you can control how often each guest gets a message from you and the details they need for your event.

It sounds like we need to make this feature more visible and maybe a bit more intuitive – so thank you for calling this out. I will be sure to let the Product Team…

12. Venue Search Issue

When I am searching for a venue, I filter the categories I want, and hit search. After looking through the first page of results, I click to go to the second page, and on the second page are venues that I already saw on the first page. Then if I go back to the first page, there are many venues I didn't see the first time I looked at it. It's very frustrating because I would like to know where I left off to continue, as opposed to guessing which venues I already looked at.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Contact Info on RSVP

When things are set up for the RSVP, it would be nice to also be able to use it as a contact information collection. I know that you have a contact list collector, but I am sending out the invitation with the link for RSVP (so I have all the mailing info) but I am thinking other info that families may be interested in collecting when getting together as a group... birthdates, wedding dates, or changing of address, etc

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dual language

My future husband is Italian, so our guests are both Italian and American. Though I translated the pages for our Italian guests, the RSVP option really needs to be offered in more than one language!! This website is how all of our Italian guests are RSVP'ing, and it's unfortunate that the one function that is solely for them is only offered in English.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Guest list manager idea

Guest list manager and RSVP need to be able to allow guests to specify number of adults and number of children attending. Would help alot with catering planning. Current manager won't do that. So I may have to go back to phone call RSVP's. : ((

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Address Auto-Fill for Members of Same Household

Collecting and Inputting 250+ people's addresses has become my top stressor in planning my wedding. Here are some ideas on how The Knot can improve their services:
    1) Allow all members of one household to be entered in the same window.
    -Entry can by in the same window. Add a button labeled "add another member to this household" (or something to that effect). When it is pressed, another field can appear available for entry
    -After all members are added and info is saved, these members can be displayed separately in the guest list manager. I believe you already have the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Hidden Addeess

I want all our friends that access our website to see our story and photos, but there should be a way for the address of the venues to be only shown to the quests invited. We have more people coming to our ceremony than our reception and the reception guests need the address, but we don’t want all the ceremony guests to see the address. We’re orderig our invited in bulk so we can’t add both the address to only some of them.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Guest List Tweaks

I would love it if you could search households when adding guests instead of having to scroll through the whole list to add a new person. It would also be great to have the ability to color-code guests with customizable categories. (e.g. wedding party is pink, out-of-town guests are blue, etc.)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base