The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android Only - Registry Admin Features Not Working

We're sorry for the issues you're having while managing your registries through our app on Android devices. Our Tech team is in the process of making some changes to our system, which has resulted in a temporary error affecting how you view and manage your registries. The good news is that this is only affecting your view on the app, but not your guests view of your pages.

While we work to resolve this issue, here are some important details that you should know...

1. Don't worry! Your registries have not been removed from your account. When you preview your…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sort Newlywed fund

The gifts in our Newlywed Fund are sorted randomly (or at least there's no clear, discernible order). This means that, when I see a new gift was given, I have to scroll through all the other ones and try to pick it out so that we can make sure we thank everyone appropriately.

The Fund should be able to be sorted based on the gift, the date given, and or the giver's name.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team
    Meuy

3. Please provide a space or a section to free text in the registry section

I was wondering if there is a place to write on the registry page? My fiancé and I are currently in different states and will be moving around the time of the wedding (housing still in the works with the move) and we don't particularly want to do any item-based registries and want to explain that to our guests. Yes, I know there is the newly wed fund, but there will always be people that want to give physical and to them, sentimental things. Is there somewhere I can place a note to explain our situation and how
    A. We…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Registry- gift received on mobile app

I would like the moble app to be able to show you who sent money to your newly wed fun. Right now you really need to sign into the website to see this information.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Piggy Back off of "Arrange Registry"

I highly recommend this, not only because it's useful, but the "Newly Wed Fund" gets lost at the bottom.

I would make the suggestion, since I have 3 selections, to be at the TOP of the list. This way my guests can see this option for my long distance wedding first.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. registry category

Be able to create sections such as "Kitchen", "Bedroom", "Outdoors" and put items from different stores in the categories. So someone has the option to look at all "Dining" items in addition to looking at a specific store.

Also be able to make Honeymoon Registry a Favorited item so it stays at the top!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gift-Giver info for thank yous?

Is there a way to, or there should be a way to identify who sent what gifts from the registry...

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. wishlist

Why can't I remove the "wishlist" section?????

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. "Wishlist" Optional feature

Please go back to making the Wishlist of registry items optional. Not everyone wishes to have the individual items on their page and would rather just have the links to their registries visible. Specially important when you have registries from vendors that are not partnered with The Knot. I believe the Wishlist use to be an optional feature but with the recent upgrades this seems to be permanent now? Displaying the individual items on the website really clutters the registry page, in my opinion.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Remove SSN from Newlywed Fund

My fiance and I were so excited to start a cash fund on our wedding website with TheKnot. However, after realizing that we had to literally give ALL of our personal information down to SSN and DOB, we felt that this was very intrusive and unnecessary. We feel that there is no need to provide an SSN if you have all bank routing and other contact information and this information should be optional to provide. Unfortunately, since it is not, we will not be using the newlywed fund via theknot.com and will look elsewhere. Very disappointed.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

11. International guests & Newlywed funds

I highly suggest looking into options for international guests -instead of being US centric only- for the newlywed funds, or clearly mark upfront that it is not an option for couples having international guests attending. It turns out you can only contribute to the funds with US credit cards, which makes it unusable in our case. I only wish we would have known that before and looked for alternatives. While I can understand that our linked account, to which the funds go, needs to be a US account, I am totally baffled that guests cannot contribute internationally. Please look into…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

12. Option to Delete Registry Drop Down Menu

On my wedding website, I would like to take away the drop down menu that appears when you hover over the "Registry" section and ONLY have a link to the registry. I want guests to go to the main registry page only (at least first) and I feel like they might skip that whole page if they think they have to select one of the options listed in the drop down menu (think - old people). We used the "Add to The Knot" to add things outside of our registry and I'm afraid no one will see them if they…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

13. fund

Newlywed fund is buggy.

in order to get to the confirmation screen after entering the amount you want to gift you have to click the button. if you simply hit "Enter" or "Return" it wont proceed to the confirmation screen, leading several of my guests to become confused and believe it wasn't working at all. this needs to be fixed. bug is present on desktop and mobile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Find a couples registry

Not all “save the date” cards have the the couples last name. Please allow someone to look them up using only their first names.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You are right – many times the couple doesn’t include all of their information. We are hoping to improve our couple’s search in the next few months and I will be sure to pass along this idea to our Development team. I will say that when looking just for first names, even if you have the date, there is going to be a lot of duplicates. We definitely want to make sure that our guests are finding the right couple the first time. We tend to assume that if you are invited to a wedding, the guest will know the last name of at least one member of the couple, but again, we will definitely revisit this logic when refreshing our search feature.

xoxo,
    Keri

16. New Registry Format is Tacky; Please Convert Back

The layout has recently changed formats on the Registry tab on our wedding website, no matter what design layout we pick. It now states our names in big, bold letters at the top of the page. Guests are already at OUR wedding website... they know exactly whose wedding registry they're shopping from. Please change the format back to what it was a few months ago; it was much less tacky then.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. 104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Thank You Cards Generated from the Newlywed Fund & The Knot

I am having my guests RSVP to the knot, and am also utilizing the Newlywed Fund. I love getting notified when money comes in, but it would be great if the Knot took it a step further.

When the email comes in that there is a new gift, there should be a call to action in the email that says "Write Your Thank You Card Now." The bride/groom can click this to write a meaningful gift while it is still fresh in their mind. The knot would store all thank you note messages in their system, along with the invitation…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. It would be really nice if we could change the look of the registry page

It would be really nice if we could change the look of the registry page when accessed alone (so not through the wedding website), either automatically transferring over the theme from the wedding website or allowing the choice of a theme for the registry website separately, but at least allow some personalisation instead of that one default look.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Charity Choices

To whom this may concern,

I notice there are pro-choice organizations but no pro-life equivalent organizations as charity to be selected to support. I would love to see The Knot branch out and add equivalents instead of being skewed with certain charities that are secular.

Is there a way to recommend a certain organization? I work at one of the largest non-profit pregnancy resource centers in Texas and was trying to find it as a charity or one of similar nature to support my passion.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Thank you,
    Rachel

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. We do an annual review of the charities on our list and we anticipate doing this again toward the end of 2018. I will mention that we have tried to add a broader range of charities and those that might fall into line with what you were hoping to find include National Right To Life, Samaritans Purse and Catholic Charities USA.

Feel free to email us your suggested charities at help@theknot.com. We take all suggestions into consideration during our annual review.

xoxo,
    Keri

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base