The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Checklist items should be back-dateable

Currently: If you "complete" a checklist item, a completed at date is assigned to the item. Users cannot adjust the completed at date, even if they completed it before the date they are marking it as "complete" in the wedding checklist.

AC (acceptance criteria):

1. Wedding checklist items should be back-dateable.
    2. An icon should be next to the completed at date which allows users to choose the completed at date of the checklist item.

Note: This will give users additional flexibility when planning their wedding, and let them acknowledge items that they may have already completed, instead of just…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Additional post-wedding checklist items

I used the checklist while planning my wedding and it was a helpful resource during the planning process. However, I found the post-wedding checklist items to be incredibly lacking. There was plenty of information about changing your name (which I didn't do!) and the other items (preserving your wedding gown, reviewing vendors) are fine suggestions but not really necessary. The checklist fails to mention important things like health insurance -- most health plans only give you 30 days from your wedding date to add a spouse. More practical options would be appreciated!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Checklist for more than one year

I'm planning my wedding 2 years in advance (it's in 2019) so when viewing my checklist, it only shows things to-do in the 12 months before our date. However for months that pass this year (ex. September 2017) it says they're past due. This is frustrating because they really aren't past due yet. Please make an edit so the checklist has years with each month.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
          XOXO,
          Meuy

• Separate dates for Ceremony & Reception

We're having our Ceremony a few months ahead of our "reception" party. It'd be great if I could put in those distinct dates, so that the Due dates on my events were lined up properly.
          Currently, I'm having to set to the early date, make a manual note of the ceremony-oriented items, and their due dates. Then update to the Reception date (most of the tasks are for the reception), and then go back in and back-date the Ceremony tasks to their true earlier due date.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Why can't I add my own custom to-do items to the checklist?

It would be very helpful to be able to type in my own unique tasks to add to the checklist rather than choosing from your predetermined items.

12 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• Clickable dropdown menus in navigation bar

It would be great if the dropdown from "Planning Tools" in the top navigation bar was clickable so that I could get to the checklist and other planning features in 1 click rather than 2

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• customize to-do lists by wedding type....cruise wedding in the future

I am looking at doing my wedding on a cruise ship and it would be nice if the list could be changed to that type of wedding

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                  XOXO,
                  Meuy

• Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great addition! The team has this on the list and we will hopefully see this added in our next round of additional items.

XOXO,
                    Keri

• Purchasing Wedding Dress - Timeline

The time you recommend to purchase your wedding dress in is NOT ACCURATE!!! You make an appointment AT LEAST 9 months in advance, so you need more time. If not SOONER!!! You want to leave room for alterations, deciding color and styles for your Bridesmaids (which can take up to 6 Months to order), the Groom and Groomsmen and also the Mothers. That takes time and you want to make sure to have your gown selected before that. It sets the tone for the whole style and look of your day, 2nd only to the venue. So, not something that…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• I don't like that the checklist won't let me save a completed item unless it recognizes the vendor. I want to check these items off!!!

I don't like that the checklist won't let me save a completed item unless it recognizes the vendor. I want to check these items off because they are done and I have someone to DJ that is local and isn't on the knot vendors and shouldn't have to be to be able to check the item off my checklist! So frustrating, and I have just started putting someone random in because it won't let me save the actual person because they aren't in the system.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                        XOXO,
                        Meuy

• Assume both people are actively involved in the planning process, and phrase things on the website accordingly.

The messages that appear at the top of the to-do list are only addressed to one person. Both of us are actively using the site, but every message is addressed to the one of us who happened to set up the account. It is old fashioned and presumptuous to address in-site commentary to only one of us. (This is also related to the problem that your site only allows for one person's email address to be tied to the account.)

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so glad you are asking this question / providing this feedback. Our Team that works with the Ultimate Checklist and Budgeter are making great strides forward this year and part of where we are going is going to cover this very issue. We recently were able to pass forward a personalization of the list that allows couples to tell us who is getting married, so we can make sure we list a gown and tux, or two gowns or two tuxs when needed. We also are working on making sure our destination wedding couples have a few extra lines on their list as the travel piece is much more prominent when traveling away from home for your event. All this to say – we are working on being able to first, allow couples to share a login so we can recognize both people helping with the planning, and…

• 10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Adding free-text items into the checklist

I have some checklist items that don't appear on theknot checklist. Is there no way to add free-text items?

38 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              10 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope that you will find most of your additional items already in our list under the Add Items section. We do not have a free-text way to input items in the system. Honestly, this was because when we did a test a couple of years back we found people were entering items already found on our list. Hopefully, we can continue to make it easier to find that what you need is already there.

Let me know if there are common planning tasks that you are not finding and I can be sure to ask the team to consider adding those to the available list for all members.

XOXO,
                              Keri

• I would like to see options for people who are not getting married at registered venues

There aren't many options for people who are getting married in an alternative way. For example I can't check off the venue because we are getting married in our backyard. So your checklist to me is basically useless because I can't fully see that I've completed portions of the wedding planning because we are doing an alternative way without using vendors. I suggest adding options that allow you to just fill in your venue, photographer, etc. instead of having to choose from a list in order to check it off .

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• I need a place to consolidate all of my notes. I was hoping that I could save notes for categories you already have, e.g. cake, music, etc

Make the checklist more customizable with space for notes within each category...
                                So I can consolidate all of my notes into one place.
                                Wouldn't you like The Knot to be that place?????

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• Would like to see option to import checklist due dates into Google calendar...

Along the lines of one poster-with an interactive calendar app, it may be useful to have an option to import directly into an existing platform, if possible. I use Google calendar/gmail for everything, so this would be a nice addition.

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                    XOXO,
                                    Meuy

• Postage stamps

I decided to use postcard save the dates and got them all ordered - only to realize that USPS only offers one kind of postcard stamp! It might be a good idea to include postage selection and purchasing as a line item on the checklist, around the time that people are ordering the save the dates, so if they opt for custom postage it will be there when things are ready to go in the mail.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                      XO,
                                      Meuy

• Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
                                      Thanks

35 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we are very close to making this much more accessible for you. Right now you can print the checklist like you would print any webpage, using the print feature on your browser.

Enjoy your planning!
                                        XO,
                                        Keri

• Pre-nup information

Hello, I have been using the knot for all my wedding planning and I love it. One thing I feel is missing is the (sometimes uncomfortable) topic of pre-nup agreements. In an age where 50% of marriage end in divorce and divorces cost over $20,000, every couple should plan for this event that they hope will never happen. It would be great to add "discuss possibility of prenup" on your checklist and also provide tips on how to bring up this sensitive topic with you fiance, how to go about getting a prenup, the benefits of binding arbitration instead of…

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items, and perhaps you could build in some suggested comments to add. For example, when I check off Book Reception Venue, I would like to add a comment for the name of the venue, address, website, contact, etc. That information could be fed into other areas of my account so that it is easily accessible.

I would also like to be able to add/edit items on the Checklist. For example, I am not having my engagement party until later on in my engagement, so I would like to…

30 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            6 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a common request and we are truly working on how you can manage your checklist (and budgeter) to make it more personalized. This will eventually include the ability for you to add your own items and comments to keep track of your notes.

Keep watching! I know they are still in the design phase, but it is coming.

XO,
                                            Keri

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base