The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wedding Website Compressed Archive

Your site is wonderful and you all have done a great job. I understand why you'd remove websites after so many months or years have passed since the wedding -- otherwise you'd run into storage issues. This is especially true with all the pictures you allow us to upload. But do you have any plan for 10, even 40 years in the future? Your websites are crucial history, showing how each of us decides to present ourselves to our extended family and friends. At a bare minimum, the story, and venue dates and details could be an immensely useful starting…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Allow for flexible "Find my invitation" searching

AFAIK, there are currently two options when allowing guests to RSVP - secure and unsecure.

If I choose unsecure, then if a guest named "Michael Smith" searches for his invitation as "Mike Smith", it will create a new guest.

If I choose secure RSVP, the above scenario would result in the guest being alerted that their invitation couldn't be found.

It would be great if you could "search" for an invitation by simply supplying a last name and allowing the user to select the relevant invitation. I understand there are potential privacy concerns, but it could easily be a configurable…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. vowel renewal ceremonies

Information targeted toward vowel renewal ceremonies would be really helpful as the planning is much different. For example I am looking for a ceremony location that will be for a small intimate crowd rather than the large wedding we had 10 years ago.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. I think there is needs to be major changes to the cropping tool for all pictures.

The crop tool for editing pictures for both the bride and groom as well as wedding party needs some special attention. It is ridiculous how specific the tool makes the crop, which prevents us from being able to use the pictures we would like to.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. The details are too limited for building the wedding website pages

The sizing of the letters is not user friendly. It is simple to the point of being unable to make adjustments. When you size down for fit in one category (bridal party) it makes a subject in another category very small. The user should be able to build each "page" individually without it affecting another page.
    As maid of honor I've tried my best to help my friend, but this is restrictive in its simplicity.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending over this feedback. Our Wedding Website team will definitely take this into consideration as we move into 2017. Even when the change theme settings page is adjusted, I do see how you feel that the wording in all categories changes instead of just one tab or section. We hope you are able to find a way to make this work on the page for your couple. How kind of you to work on their site for them.

XOXO,
    Keri

6. Option to view desktop version via mobile

Do not like the mobile version of the site, too minimalistic. Don't want to scroll through the rings one by one like that. Looked for a way to view the Desktop version, but did not see this functionality anywhere. Please consider offering this option!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. More than one picture for Wedding Party!

I want to be able to add more than one picture for my Wedding Party on our website. I think it's silly you can only add one, especially now a days where pictures are such a huge deal what with throwbacks, selfies, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. I really liked the layout of the previous version of the budgeter. The new version is confusing because it's hard to see the expenses list

I do not like the new version of the budgeter. It is confusing to figure out the expenses in a quick and concise manner. It also would be nice to have a feature that states the expected budget, the total amount you owe, and how much you have already paid/how much you still owe.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Keri

9. Adding free-text items into the checklist

I have some checklist items that don't appear on theknot checklist. Is there no way to add free-text items?

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope that you will find most of your additional items already in our list under the Add Items section. We do not have a free-text way to input items in the system. Honestly, this was because when we did a test a couple of years back we found people were entering items already found on our list. Hopefully, we can continue to make it easier to find that what you need is already there.

Let me know if there are common planning tasks that you are not finding and I can be sure to ask the team to consider adding those to the available list for all members.

XOXO,
    Keri

10. Visually impaired users cannot see Light gray lines and text.

Make the website accessible for the visually impaired. Light gray lines and text are invisible to me, though I regularly use the Internet and web browsers.

Major links and text boxes should definitely stand out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. image

Can I post an image in the Registry Web Page?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Add a charity

Blind Dog Rescue Alliance of US and Canada

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Glitchy website

The idea of this site is awesome, but you really need to work out a lot of bugs. Every time I go from page to page, or a new link the website moves so slow, like the link gets stuck. It seems like the website has too much information and being inundated with vendors pics, may be causing some of the slow down? Also, I wrote a beautiful story and sadly cannot upload any of my pics to bring the story to life. It seems like this is an issue across the board with other brides, and one of the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not)as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony

It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not) as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony vs reception

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. "Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, allowing guests to text photos to online gallery

"Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, which allows guests to text photos directly to an online gallery phone number. No login or app install is needed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Destination Friendly Email Offers

We're having a destination wedding in California but we live in Texas. All of the emails I receive for events are California-based. It would be nice to choose what email offers I would like to receive based on location not just topic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. LGBT Friendly Vendors - Add icon and filter for Vendor Search

I am not asking for more inclusive same-*** language like the other planned suggestion, I am asking for your vendor pages to have an icon, like a rainbow heart or flag, in the Details section where the prices are mentioned showing that the vendor is LGBT friendly. There should also be a LGBTQA+ friendly filter for any vendor search that automatically brings up vendors that are LGBT friendly.

Thank you.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. RSVP - multiple emails

Hi there! I would love to be able to add another email to the account. I've been getting all of the RSVP updates & wonderful messages that come with some of them. I forwarded them to my fiancé, and he said "why can't you just add me so you don't have to forward each of them." Which would make it a lot easier than sending each one to him individually.
    Thanks so much!

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. More access to view completed address forms.

I have around 250 guests on my list (many of them children) and I have already found the address forms very useful. However, when people fill out the form, I only have that brief moment before accepting that information to see it. I didn't think about that and accepted some replies on my phone while out, hoping to come back home and review them. it took me over an hour to find the 2 replies because I had to search through every guest to remember who sent the information back in case I need to pass it on. When the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base