The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload or add wedding guests from Facebook Please!

When we set up our free website can you please allow us to add guests through our Facebook contacts? My god it would make life so much easier.
    Plus let the guests as they confirm through the website add their own contact information and address. Your website makes so much more work for us brides.
    I've already got a migraine and I just set up my website a couple hours ago!
    So frustrated

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Fonts Preview: update in settings area

In the change theme settings page, where you can choose fonts and colors, the font of the sample text should update instantly like the color does. Choosing each one blindly and clicking preview is a lot of extra clicking.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. I would *love* it if I could bookmark venues for easier review on future site visits.

I am very slowly planning the event and have logged in a few times to look at venues. The problem is, I basically have to start almost from scratch each time. The filters are good, but I'd like to be able to bookmark and return to select listings.

A comparison feature that allowed for side by side review of venue amenities would also be very helpful.

Thank you for your wonderful site!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. [Name Order] Allow putting my partner's name first

I (the groom) created our account on The Knot, so, naturally, when you asked for "Your name," I put *my* name. However, it is traditional for the bride's name to appear first. Lacking this feature, I had to go through and redo a bunch of stuff on your site because I filled in the requested information without realizing that you would put my name first (like on our web site, with the wedding party, in the URL of the web site, etc.).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Expand locations in 'Wedding Details' section

I was originally going to have a wedding in the US, but changed my mind and decided on a destination wedding. It would be nice if locations outside of the US could be searchable in the 'wedding details' section in account settings. Because it is not, under the registry section, it is still reading as if my wedding will be in Baltimore, MD. This could be confusing to some guests.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. I would like to see options for people who are not getting married at registered venues

There aren't many options for people who are getting married in an alternative way. For example I can't check off the venue because we are getting married in our backyard. So your checklist to me is basically useless because I can't fully see that I've completed portions of the wedding planning because we are doing an alternative way without using vendors. I suggest adding options that allow you to just fill in your venue, photographer, etc. instead of having to choose from a list in order to check it off .

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Address Collection Allowed on Site along with RSVP

Is it possible to have the address collection feature prompt guests who RSVP to enter their pertinent details for mailing of physical invitations?

We would like to use the site as a "save the date" as well as for logistical data. It would be great to allow the function of collecting their data we need without having to send out the link/landing page for the "address collection" to individuals.

Is this already possible and perhaps I'm overlooking a step or a feature not available at this moment?

many thanks in advance

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Same *** wedding Officiants searchable by zip code

Same *** wedding officiants searchable by zip code. This option should be available for all wedding vendors, by zip code , to search by those who are gay friendly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Get a quote for Vendors on Fav Board

It would be AWESOME if "get a quote" feature was also an option for vendors saved to the Favorited Boards. It's a bummer to create your short list only to re-search it to get a quote. I know that we are directed to the vendor's website and can contact them directly but the canned message is helpful AND we wanna give the cred's to The Knot right off the bat. :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Filter

Your filter recommendations do not seem to be working. When I filter for location or price it gives me more options not less and some offered options do not fit the filter criteria. I.E I filter for affordable pricing on a venue and there are many options for expensive and moderate on there. It's confusing and not helpful.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Download a copy of website pages for a keepsake

I would love to be able to save a copy of our website pages to make into a photo album or get a pdf of the pages. I put a lot of time into each of the website pages and I think it would be really neat if The Knot would offer an option to print and send a hard cover book showing each page to the couple for a keepsake.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Ability to add a Google photo album link to the photos page

You have facebook, Instagram, but no Google Photos! Even just allowing me to add a link to the page would be great, like the normal text editor of other pages.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. I need a place to consolidate all of my notes. I was hoping that I could save notes for categories you already have, e.g. cake, music, etc

Make the checklist more customizable with space for notes within each category...
    So I can consolidate all of my notes into one place.
    Wouldn't you like The Knot to be that place?????

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Would like to see option to import checklist due dates into Google calendar...

Along the lines of one poster-with an interactive calendar app, it may be useful to have an option to import directly into an existing platform, if possible. I use Google calendar/gmail for everything, so this would be a nice addition.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Mobile friendly

I think some reconfiguration would really benefit your users. I don't see a mobile friendly link that adjusts your site to fit a smaller screen. I'm having to scroll sideways to be able to see all the content that is posted. I love the stuff you have available but I'm getting frustrated with not being able to see it all in the same frame.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

17. Please add keyboard shortcuts when entering guest information

It is hard to manually enter a lot of guests' information because the interface is very reliant on mouse clicks, when it would be pretty easy to make it more keyboard friendly.

When entering a new guest, the window should auto focus on the First Name text box so you can start typing immediately, you should be able to fill out/select every option using Tab, arrow keys, and space bar. You should be able to add a new guest (same party or different party) without having to touch the mouse. This would make it a lot easier to keep up…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and suggestion. I have already forwarded this on to our Guest List team for their review. They continue to work on updates and improvements for this tool and hopefully this will make it into our road map in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your planning!
    XOXO,
    Keri

18. Inspiration board

I used your site to plan my first wedding, and on your old site, there was something that was called an inspiration board or something of the likes. Anyways, what it did was call out all the major elements of the wedding, such as the dress, the bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, ect. For each category it let you pick one photo to keep there as your ultimate inspiration photo for that element. At the time I found this function EXTREMELY helpful to ensure everything was coordinated, and easily keep track of exactly what I had picked for each piece of my…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

19. RSVP

I'd like to see another RSVP option for site admins to add choices to the section. For example, if a guest wants beer instead of wine or vice versa, they can choose it in the RSVP and furthermore, it gives the site admin an idea of how much of what to get. Same thing with food. If someone chooses vegetarian over meat, I'd like to see that option.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

20. Add a text box for guests to insert "and guest" names when RSVPing

We would like to have names of guests that were listed "and guest" on the invitation envelope to make creating seating arrangements easier. Could a text box be added to the RSVP box that allows a first and last name to be entered.

This will make name plates easier :)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base