The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RSVP

I'd like to see another RSVP option for site admins to add choices to the section. For example, if a guest wants beer instead of wine or vice versa, they can choose it in the RSVP and furthermore, it gives the site admin an idea of how much of what to get. Same thing with food. If someone chooses vegetarian over meat, I'd like to see that option.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

2. I want to ask my guests questions and leave space for them to answer, song requests and dietary restrictions. I don't just want to give them

I want to ask my guests questions about song requests, hotel choices and dietary restrictions to name a few. I don't just want to give them a blanket space for notes. They won't provide any information! I need to have a space where I can ask for it. Let me adjust the RSVP section to my needs.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. RSVP

I would like to see The Knot implement an automatic cut off option for the RSVP. Once the date has been set that option would work wonders. It will also encourage the guests to confirm attendance within the allotted time. Another reason, most if not all weddings require a head count for the services being requested for that day. A disclaimer should also be added as well.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Bring back old guest list search filter

The search bar no longer filters down results only show matching guests, it only highlights the search query so that you have to scroll through your entire quest list.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

5. Make RSVP customisable please

Please allow us to edit the "do you have any additional notes" at point of RSVP - I feel that it is really vague and not helpful.
    I specifically want to know about dietary requirements, but many guests may not think to include that there if not prompted.
    Some others may want to use it for a different question, or delete it altogether. Please let us customise it..
    I would love to use theknot for our wedding website but this is the one thing holding me back.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

6. Add more sort and filtering functionality to Guest List

I would like the ability to sort by all of the different columns, such as "invite sent" to see whose invites are still outstanding, or "meal option" to group everyone who ordered the same type of meal together. Being able to filter on these options as well so only the guests with certain meal options are shown would be hugely helpful. It's a pain to export to Excel every time I want to check on my guest list.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. when guest RSVP they are given an option to request a song

Allow guests to request a song after they RSVP.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Add ability to make custom categories to Guest List Manager

I would love to be able to make categories for my guests for organizing different groups and to make seating easier later (things like Bridal Party, Bride's Family, Bride's Friends, Groom's Family/Friends, Coworkers, etc--customizable would be great!)

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Adding free-text items into the checklist

I have some checklist items that don't appear on theknot checklist. Is there no way to add free-text items?

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope that you will find most of your additional items already in our list under the Add Items section. We do not have a free-text way to input items in the system. Honestly, this was because when we did a test a couple of years back we found people were entering items already found on our list. Hopefully, we can continue to make it easier to find that what you need is already there.

Let me know if there are common planning tasks that you are not finding and I can be sure to ask the team to consider adding those to the available list for all members.

XOXO,
    Keri

10. Allow non-americans to use their own currency symbols and date formats.

Allow non-americans to use their own currency symbols and date formats.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Better way to RSVP

I think it would be easier for people who are RSVPing to be able to type in their name and then just have numbers to select. # of Adults # of Kids. Instead of asking "RSVP for another member of your party?"

Also on the RSVP list if we could choose to sort by alphabetical or by dates when they RSVP. Because I have been going through my mailed list and checking off those who has already RSVP.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

12. Guest list manager idea

Guest list manager and RSVP need to be able to allow guests to specify number of adults and number of children attending. Would help alot with catering planning. Current manager won't do that. So I may have to go back to phone call RSVP's. : ((

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. RSVP Drop Down Questions

Hello,
    During the RSVP process. I would like my guest to be able answer other questions that I can customize.
    For example.
    Would you like childcare for your child?

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Currency Option

Hi! I love the website/app and all of the features. However since I am not based in the US, perhaps you could add an option for us bride-to-be's to change the currency as per the country of residence/ supplier.

though i know it's possible to convert to dollars, but I mean, it makes it easy for us to keep track on the Actual amount/charge/fee.

Thanks!

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Bring Back the old Guest List Manager

The Guest List manager must've recently had an update - before, when I clicked on Accepted, I got a list of only the people who accepted (same for No Response, or Declined). Now it just bolds their response and I have to scroll around. Same thing when searching for a guest - it used to take me straight to that guest, and now it bolds their name and I have to scroll to find it! Not a fan of the update, please bring back the user friendly version of the Guest List.

Also, there's not a way to change the…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Easy Adding From Guest List to Other Events

I would love to be able to multi-select guests from my guest list to add to other events instead of having to go through all 100+ guests individually.
    Also I would like to be able to select which of all my events they are invited to when I add a Guest

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Limited Options to Customize Website

These are issues/problems I feel should be addressed, preferably sooner than later:

1. Ability to actually customize our website like you advertise, because as of right now, the only real option for customization is to whether to show or hide pages/sections. What would truly make the website customizable is allowing us to decide/change where sections, pages, information, etc. is on the website navigation, and how it is displayed on the page. (Like separate "Home" and "Wedding" pages, as opposed to making the "Home" page show all of the details; AND on the "Guest Accommodations" page, I wish I could show…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Address Collection Allowed on Site along with RSVP

Is it possible to have the address collection feature prompt guests who RSVP to enter their pertinent details for mailing of physical invitations?

We would like to use the site as a "save the date" as well as for logistical data. It would be great to allow the function of collecting their data we need without having to send out the link/landing page for the "address collection" to individuals.

Is this already possible and perhaps I'm overlooking a step or a feature not available at this moment?

many thanks in advance

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
    Thanks

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we are very close to making this much more accessible for you. Right now you can print the checklist like you would print any webpage, using the print feature on your browser.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Keri

20. Customize wedding website

I wish we had the option to customize our wedding website. I found a template that goes alright with our wedding theme, however I would love to be able to remove the border that goes around the photos or at least change the colour. I love how easy it is to create a wedding website with The Knot, but being able to customize it would make it even better! Thanks!

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base