The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Couple stories-Weddings on a Budget

I love reading the stories of couples and seeing their wedding pictures but do you ever have couple stories from couples on a budget? Always lots of pictures of fancy china and elaborately decorated venues...yes, these are the things we dream about. Our wedding budget is $7,000 and will be 30-40 people. It's a pretty indoor park venue, banquet room decorated with linens, chair covers and sashes. Yet we did lots of DIY. Plus I'm 45. It would be nice to see couple stories from lower budget weddings and maybe throw in some stories that are not your traditional 25…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. and Thank you for being a representative for so many other couples. Yes, your story is the same as so many other couples. DIY, everyday budget, older (than the 20 somethings) and still wanting to have a grand celebration. We do hear you and see where you are coming from.

We are definitely making an effort to broaden the scope of our diversity on the site in many ways. The diverse nature of our couples from their race to finances to style and much more. Our Marketing team is taking this seriously and we hope that in the future you will see more stories that talk to a couple – just like you.

I encourage you to submit your photos to our Real Weddings section. This is truly where we get a lot…

2. [Vendors] I would like to be able to send an image in my messages when replying back to inquiries.

I would like to be able to send photos or pages/images to people who are inquiring about my services. Is there not a way to do this?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Good news! This feature is on our roadmap and we are planning to support it by the beginning of next year.

Have a great weekend!

Krista

3. Guest List | Household splitting into individuals

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently experiencing some issues with our household splitting into individuals after our latest App update. Our Tech team is working urgently to find a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

For now, I would recommend updating your guest list from a desktop, until we see a fix on the App.

Once the issue is resolved, we will notify you via email.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Favorites] My favorites did not transfer like I would expect them to.

I checked your FAQs about favorites. I want to clean out the clutter, but any of the old favorites that I click on only says:

" Sorry, it looks like that page has gone missing.

Please use the navigation above to browse wedding topics, or go back to The Knot homepage.

Need help? Please check out our frequently asked questions, or send us your feedback."

Can we please get some tools to delete favorites? (Or boards, for that matter--looks like the "Things I Love" board and the board I made on the previous site is overlapping.)

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback on Favorites!

The issue with the favorites opening a broken link is known and we are working on a fix

We are also planning on feature updates which include being about to batch edit your favorites. Currently, if you are able to access a favorite, you should be able to un-click the heart.

We will also support board creation soon to help you get organized.

Stay tuned for updates and thanks again for your feedback!

Krista

5. Make it easier to navigate your Wedding Website creation and editing site

Make it easier to navigate the editing page by including all of the subsections in the sidebar under "Website Pages".

Right now if I'm editing the Travel subsection and want to start editing the Accommodations section next I have to click back on "Details" on the sidebar then click on "Accommodations".

It would be much easier if all of the subsections were just including in the side bar on the left. At the least, the left sidebar should include a collapsable drop-down of all of the sub-sections under each main page so you can quickly jump to editing different sub-sections.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

6. Add Canadian Vendors

When I search in vendors, it gives me all US Vendors. I am in Canada. In Victoria, BC to be exact. When I click to search venders there, it comes up with Vendors in Ontario? So frustrating because I want to use your wedding planner, but I can't if certain features don't work. I'm hoping maybe this is a simple fix?

Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

8. Target Registry is not linking to my account

My Target registry is not linking to my account on The Knot or The Bump. Please help!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right now we are working with Target and their team, as we have found that many registries are not coming over to our system and linking to your individual accounts, as they should have done already.  We are very sorry for the frustration this is causing.  

We are looking at this urgently and hope to have a fix in place no later than the first week of October. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

XOXO,
    Keri

9. Not of fan of the "contact 5 additional vendors" feature

I have been very careful to make sure I am not checking the box that sends me quotes from "5 similar vendors." Yet, somehow I keep getting messages from vendors I did not wish to speak with. This has happened over and over. I am only one month in to planning and that "feature" is causing me more headache. I am getting bombarded with emails from unwanted vendors. And they are rarely actually "similar" to what I selected anyway. Vendors from outside my location I set, it's truly ridiculous. For brides who really are trying to plan their whole wedding…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are really close on having this go away and a new portal will be launched so you can more accurately track your interactions with your vendors. We appreciate your feedback and definitely have heard this from others as well.

Be watching in the next few weeks for a big improvement here.

XO,
    Keri

10. Discontinuing Use

Hello,

My fiance and I recently signed up to use your website as a helpful guide to planning our wedding. After going through several of the different guides and tools, we realized that there are no services tailored to an LGBTQ wedding. It is quite unfortunate that you have decided not to include our community in your services. It became most obvious when we were looking at cake toppers and noticed that you do not have a single wedding cake topper for same *** couples.

I will be deleting my account and moving on to a more inclusive service for…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very sorry to see you go. We definitely are continuing to update our site and the features offered to be more inclusive and also give you the option to personalize your wedding website and information for any type of wedding.

We are also working with the vendor that manages TheKnotShop.com for us on their product selections. While you may have found that some of the cake toppers were bride/groom specific, we also offer a wide range of inclusive toppers that are not people related. It sounds like you were looking for two men or two women as the options available, and again, we are working on adding this in the future. A few years back we did have some ‘choose the couple’ types of cake toppers and they just did not sell. We are hoping that when we source a new product it will be something that is…

11. Equality

I understand historical a marriage has been between a man and a woman. However times or evolving and I find it very disappointing that The Knot has little to no representation of LGBTQ+ weddings. I ordered the book and everything is labeled as "Bride and Groom". I should have listened to other LGBTQ+ friends who decided to not use your website or book for this reason. You need to be inclusive and consider updating your website and book in order to include all. Its disappointing to say the least.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Guest list manager update is not so great

I lost about ten guests in the import- so I had to print out the old one and go through one by one to find out who I'm missing. This would be easier if guests were organized in the same format as the old list. I'll probably just switch to Excel from here on out. Not impressed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

14. Suggestion for filter options

It would be really helpful to have color as one of the filter criteria. Many brides are specifically looking for dresses that are NOT white or ivory.

Also, it would be nice to have filters/sorting options for Favorites, allowing for comparison. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I just tried the "request quote" button for several venues and found a bug.

The prepopulated value in the datepicker is not valid.

Steps to reproduce:

Open TheKnot while signed into account.
    Go To Venues + Receptions -> Wedding Reception Venues.
    Open a venue.
    Click request quote.
    Click in the "Wedding Date" box
    Click outside the wedding date box (but still in the popup so that the Send Message popup does not go away).

Expected results: Date is confirmed, everything works, and messages can be sent.

Actual Results: Red error saying "Wedding Date is required" and an inability to Send Message

Workaround:
    Click "My Knot"
    Click Edit Date
    Select date
    Copy Date to clip…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Thank you for the step-by-step explanation! It helps us us replicate and fix the issue. This is one we are working on and will have an update soon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Krista

16. Filters for dress browsing- make it so that you can select more than one search option in each search category

It would be great if when browsing dresses, we could select more than one parameter for example price- I would like to see all dresses from $500-$1200 but as it is I can only look at dresses from 500-799 or whatever it is. For all parameters it would be great to select more than one option within a category. Thanks! :D

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Better guest count filters for venue search.

When I try to search for venues for 51-100 people, I get results for 51+, up to 300+. Because this the selection option is a radio button, it seems like I'm only searching in the selected range but based on the results, that isn't the case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Find a couples registry

Not all “save the date” cards have the the couples last name. Please allow someone to look them up using only their first names.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are right – many times the couple doesn’t include all of their information. We are hoping to improve our couple’s search in the next few months and I will be sure to pass along this idea to our Development team. I will say that when looking just for first names, even if you have the date, there is going to be a lot of duplicates. We definitely want to make sure that our guests are finding the right couple the first time. We tend to assume that if you are invited to a wedding, the guest will know the last name of at least one member of the couple, but again, we will definitely revisit this logic when refreshing our search feature.

xoxo,
    Keri

19. App freezes / closes every time I use a filter

We have heard from a few members that their Planner app continues to freeze and close down any time you use the venue filter feature. We are very sorry that is happening and we are definitely continuing to investigate so we can get a fix pushed out as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in our Forum page as soon as a fix has been released.

Talk soon,
    Keri

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base