The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fund

Newlywed fund is buggy.

in order to get to the confirmation screen after entering the amount you want to gift you have to click the button. if you simply hit "Enter" or "Return" it wont proceed to the confirmation screen, leading several of my guests to become confused and believe it wasn't working at all. this needs to be fixed. bug is present on desktop and mobile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Printer-Friendly Option

I had been going through some of my favorite reception venues on my The Knot account and wanted to print some of them out to compare. However, when I went to print it, it printed several pages and was not very aesthetically pleasing. It would be great to have a "printer friendly" option for some of these pages that was more concise and fit better onto the printed pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Fix the Wedding Day Timeline

I've been trying for a week now to get the Wedding Day Timeline entered and it just spins. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox.

One day I got it to open up the next options to put in time for hair/makeup, are we wearing boutiniers, etc. then it went to next screen and just spins.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

4. Europe

Hi,
    I'm organizing my wedding in Europe, Portugal. I was wondering if it will be possible to set the gift list in €? And if the URL can be only .com and not .com/us? Will I be able to write text in another language?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Postage stamps

I decided to use postcard save the dates and got them all ordered - only to realize that USPS only offers one kind of postcard stamp! It might be a good idea to include postage selection and purchasing as a line item on the checklist, around the time that people are ordering the save the dates, so if they opt for custom postage it will be there when things are ready to go in the mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

6. Incorrect information

You have an article on here that is not accurat. You have a question and answer article about bridal shower etiquette. In the article you state that is it traditionally up to the bridesmaids to organize and pay for the bridal shower. This is incorrect. It’s is the responsibility of group of women who are typically friends of the mother of the bride and family members to organize and throw the shower. This is not 1950. Bridesmaids are already responsible for their dress, hair and makeup, a shower gift and wedding gift not to mention alterations...only if the bridesmaids volunteer…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you taking the time to send us this note. We definitely know that many of the unspoken rules from our parents and grandparents times are not what couples are using when they get married in today’s world. This includes who throws a shower and/or who is asked to pay for wedding events. We love that every couple and their family have a unique way of approaching each of these items.

That being said, I would love to have you send me a link to the article in question so we can ask our Editorial team to revisit this topic in their next set of article updates. We do still have very traditional couples looking for information on our site, and those that are looking for what most couples do today. I think we have room to make our articles appeal to everyone, and I am sure you…

7. better search function across the site

The ability to search through photos with a key word, like 'burgundy' or 'Bond Chapel' would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. conversations format

Hi,
    When I view my "conversations" in the knot website, the email trail is very long due to lost of extra, unnecessary spacing. I suggest this be changed to make the conversations section much easier to navigate.

Tara

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Find a couples registry

Not all “save the date” cards have the the couples last name. Please allow someone to look them up using only their first names.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are right – many times the couple doesn’t include all of their information. We are hoping to improve our couple’s search in the next few months and I will be sure to pass along this idea to our Development team. I will say that when looking just for first names, even if you have the date, there is going to be a lot of duplicates. We definitely want to make sure that our guests are finding the right couple the first time. We tend to assume that if you are invited to a wedding, the guest will know the last name of at least one member of the couple, but again, we will definitely revisit this logic when refreshing our search feature.

xoxo,
    Keri

10. Streamlined search results

I understand that companies pay to be featured, and that has to be carried out for those users. However, I am simply searching for my vendors in Greenville, SC, but when I search I have to sift through tons of vendors all the way in Charleston, SC which is not close by. It's very frustrating when I'm simply trying to provide feedback to my vendors, and have trouble locating them on your website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Search Vendors by Date Availability

Be able to search for vendors that are still unbooked for your wedding date in the filters that can be turned on and off for items where the date may not apply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion and one that we are definitely taking to heart. As we continue to help our vendors grow their business exposure to our couples, this would be a great piece of information for all couples to have at their fingertips so they can narrow down the choices more effectively. Thank you for sending this over.

xoxo,
    Keri

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. I really DISLIKE how I can not view my guests according to their rsvp. If I knew this I certainly would not have updated. Please FIX ASAP!!

I really DISLIKE how you can no longer view guests according to their RSVP. I would NEVER have updated if I knew this feature would be removed. It is really inconvenient. The new lay out is not easier to navigate and really wish I could go back to what it was before. Terrible update. Also, I have had much trouble when people have same names but are put into different households. This website would not allow that and therefore I had to make up ways to distinguish some guests (for example - 2 of my male cousins who share the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. The Knott App

Hello,
    I have just seen my best friend created an app from a app called 'Appy Couple' and my idea is to transfer the site I have already created on The Knot into a mobile app.
    I have no idea if that is a feasible thing to do for you but it would be awesome to be able to offer not only a free website, but a way to have it as an app seamlessly. The app she showed me, offered more choices on the RSVP front so I suggest for you to have a look at it.
    Good luck…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion. I will be sure to pass this along to our Product team that works with our mobile features for their consideration.
    Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Keri

15. Work on the tone of your groom-geared articles.

Disclaimer: I'm a bride. But I've been browsing the articles intended for grooms, knowing that my fiance would be open to reading them if I sent them to him, and I've honestly been pretty surprised by the tone in which most of them are written. There are way too many references to "how to earn points" with the bride-to-be during wedding planning so "you can doze off to the rest," there was the obnoxious term "ball and chain" in one, and reminding the groom to "take it like a man" and not to be a "loser."

This is problematic. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. guest

1) separate the addresses into separate fields:

Address 1
    Address 2
    City, State, Zip code

this will allow the export to excel be smoother for making mail mergers

2) Once you assign a head of household, make it so you can add another member to the household in succession (such as their dependents or spouse). Have the last name, home address information pull over from the previous entry so all you would need to add is their first name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. email acknowledgement of feedback

Provide a copy of any email "Feedback" message sent to The Knot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base