The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LGBT Friendly Vendors - Add icon and filter for Vendor Search

I am not asking for more inclusive same-*** language like the other planned suggestion, I am asking for your vendor pages to have an icon, like a rainbow heart or flag, in the Details section where the prices are mentioned showing that the vendor is LGBT friendly. There should also be a LGBTQA+ friendly filter for any vendor search that automatically brings up vendors that are LGBT friendly.

Thank you.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Pictures loaded to the website

How about not having the cropping tool in a forced aspect ratio? I would like to be able to see my entire face, instead of just most of it, but the picture was taking in portrait mode and not landscape, so you know, the bottom third or the top third is gone.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Ability to add more than one photo under a section instead of using the photo album in the Photos section

Please add the functionality to add more than one photo under a section instead of using the photo album under the Photos section. People are less likely to go through your several photo albums on a wedding website, I would rather just add a couple of photos to the applicable section. We should at least be able to sandwich the section's text with photos.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

4. Add a household dropdown menu

Please add a household dropdown menu in the individual list so that you can add that guest to a household without adding a duplicate guest. On the flip side, it would be great to be able to delete a guest from a household, but not the guest list overall.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

5. Email request field on RSVP - make it optional

Can the email request field on the RSVP be removed? People think they have to enter it to RSVP.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Option to remove or edit the "Send a note to the couple (optional)" section

While this section may be useful for some couples there might be some who would rather not have this feature. Guests could potentially take advantage of this option to write in names of additional plus ones, change an invited plus one to someone else (a child/friend instead of a spouse), or add unwanted comments that they now expect to be honored, ex: music requests, seating requests, etc. It would be helpful to have the option to remove this feature or edit it to specify what information hosts are looking for, ex: any dietary restrictions/food allergies.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Reallocate budget

I wish the Budgeter would allow you to eliminate unwanted categories and reallocate those funds to other wanted categories. Instead it just removes the category but still includes that amount as part of your overall budget. Frustrating! I know the site used to do this when I planned my wedding 13 years ago (I’m using it to plan my daughters wedding now).

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Wedding Timeline - Custom "People"

Hi team,

It would be wonderful to have the ability to add custom "People" to the wedding timeline feature. There is this feature in the "Role" field on guests, but these custom roles do not carry over into the timeline section. Enabling this feature will allow for more options such as Best Woman, Mother/Father of the Bride/Groom, etc.

To me, the best option would be to allow users to select individual guests and/or groups of people. Then they could make micromanage or plan broadly. :)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Add a text box for guests to insert "and guest" names when RSVPing

We would like to have names of guests that were listed "and guest" on the invitation envelope to make creating seating arrangements easier. Could a text box be added to the RSVP box that allows a first and last name to be entered.

This will make name plates easier :)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

10. Improve household grouping

It's great that this website is free. It would just be a lot easier if I could select all the names in a household and click a 'group' button. Similarly, I made a bunch of changes, exported my list so that I could add my fiance's info in the same format and the import list format is different. You should be able to import in the same format as the export.
    Also, when my guests provide their info via link, it adds them as a new guest, so when I delete the guest without the info (to keep track of…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Add a FAQ section to the wedding website

we know our guests and what questions they would have. Please add a FAQ section we can edit to communicate better with our guests

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Destination Wedding

You should be able to add a destination wedding location to your wedding website.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

14. Why can't I export the list in ABC order?

I am unable to export my updated guest list in ABC order. Very difficult to use program. I am regretting using The Knot for our guest list.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Wishlist" Optional feature

Please go back to making the Wishlist of registry items optional. Not everyone wishes to have the individual items on their page and would rather just have the links to their registries visible. Specially important when you have registries from vendors that are not partnered with The Knot. I believe the Wishlist use to be an optional feature but with the recent upgrades this seems to be permanent now? Displaying the individual items on the website really clutters the registry page, in my opinion.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. guest list organization website too

The Android app allows you to categorize/group the guest list. It would be nice if this is option was also available on the website.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. International guests & Newlywed funds

I highly suggest looking into options for international guests -instead of being US centric only- for the newlywed funds, or clearly mark upfront that it is not an option for couples having international guests attending. It turns out you can only contribute to the funds with US credit cards, which makes it unusable in our case. I only wish we would have known that before and looked for alternatives. While I can understand that our linked account, to which the funds go, needs to be a US account, I am totally baffled that guests cannot contribute internationally. Please look into…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

19. Add a "maybe" option for invites

It would be great if we could organize our guest list into "definitely invited" and "maybe invited." Our venue can only fit 130 people, but our guest list is 150 people, so we are planning on sending rolling invitations. I would be great to add everyone all at once to keep track, but section off the people who won't be invited unless others decline. Thanks!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Merge Feature for guest list

When you are gathering info from your guests and you want to add it to the existing list. There should be a merge contacts feature so that you don't have to erase duplicates manually.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base