The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think there is needs to be major changes to the cropping tool for all pictures.

The crop tool for editing pictures for both the bride and groom as well as wedding party needs some special attention. It is ridiculous how specific the tool makes the crop, which prevents us from being able to use the pictures we would like to.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• (Wedding Website)

I'd like the option to make the wedding party another page on the website. The way it is set up now it seems like the first page just gets long with all the scrolling. Also the option to skip to sections on the first page would be nice if my guests want to skip straight to the details

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is definitely already on our radar and our Product team for wedding websites has heard from other members that they would love this ability as well. We hope that in the future it is something we can bring to our sites so you can continue to personalize the pages just the way you want. In the meantime, we hope you are able to find a way to work with the site and pages the way they are formatted so your information can stay complete for your guests.

Enjoy your planning!
        Keri

• Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
          XOXO,
          Meuy

• Wedding Party - "Shared" Members

The website now allows to design custom titles, however, every wedding party member must part of either side of the wedding, but not both. (Ours is a gay wedding, so it has to be either me or my partner, but the same would be for any wedding). Sometimes a wedding party member is a "shared" responsibility or part of both sides of the wedding. The website forces every wedding party member (including, for example, the Officiant) to one side or other of the couple. Our Officiant is the first friend we met mutually, so it should go to "both sides"…

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Adding to app

Add an option for guest to request songs when they rsvp

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• Please expand the the Newly Fund banking to international countries (Canada).

I absolutely love the idea of the newly fund. However, I cannot use this feature due to the fact my bank is tied to Canada as I reside here.

Is there any way you can partner with Canadian banks and/or paypal to make this happen?

Thank you so much!

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• [Name Order] Allow putting my partner's name first

I (the groom) created our account on The Knot, so, naturally, when you asked for "Your name," I put *my* name. However, it is traditional for the bride's name to appear first. Lacking this feature, I had to go through and redo a bunch of stuff on your site because I filled in the requested information without realizing that you would put my name first (like on our web site, with the wedding party, in the URL of the web site, etc.).

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                  XOXO,
                  Meuy

• Can you make bullet points when typing in the description text boxes?

When typing information about the hotel accommodations i wish to add bullet points to lay out the different information

9 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and we will be sure to pass it along to our team for review. In the meantime are you able to use * to indicate your different choices? Send us an email at help@theknot.com if you still need someone to look at this with you.

XO,
                    Keri

• Glitchy website

The idea of this site is awesome, but you really need to work out a lot of bugs. Every time I go from page to page, or a new link the website moves so slow, like the link gets stuck. It seems like the website has too much information and being inundated with vendors pics, may be causing some of the slow down? Also, I wrote a beautiful story and sadly cannot upload any of my pics to bring the story to life. It seems like this is an issue across the board with other brides, and one of the…

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• I need a place to consolidate all of my notes. I was hoping that I could save notes for categories you already have, e.g. cake, music, etc

Make the checklist more customizable with space for notes within each category...
                      So I can consolidate all of my notes into one place.
                      Wouldn't you like The Knot to be that place?????

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                        XOXO,
                        Meuy

• RSVP put the name of the guest on the email

When a RSVP email is sent it would be great to have the guests first name and last name on the email and that is the name they should use when finding their invitation.
                        So basically it is like a mail merge and you can add fields to the emails.
                        Even better if the RSVP email being sent out could have user defined fields eg {email} {firstname} and those details are taken from the guest manager information.

8 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                          XO,
                          Meuy

• Would like to see option to import checklist due dates into Google calendar...

Along the lines of one poster-with an interactive calendar app, it may be useful to have an option to import directly into an existing platform, if possible. I use Google calendar/gmail for everything, so this would be a nice addition.

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                            XOXO,
                            Meuy

• Guest Manager

The Guest List Manager should allow you to seen when (date and time) as well as how (online vs. manually entered). I'm allowing guests to RSVP online but also provided paper response cards. It is VERY easy on the app to accidentally enter a response when trying to scroll down the list. I don't have any way to double check if that person RSVP-ed on their own or if I accidentally entered an RSVP when I scrolled.

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                              XOXO,
                              Meuy

• archiving items in the budgeter (app)

once you have archived items from your budgeter in the app, you should be able to unarchive them...

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• Allow for flexible "Find my invitation" searching

AFAIK, there are currently two options when allowing guests to RSVP - secure and unsecure.

If I choose unsecure, then if a guest named "Michael Smith" searches for his invitation as "Mike Smith", it will create a new guest.

If I choose secure RSVP, the above scenario would result in the guest being alerted that their invitation couldn't be found.

It would be great if you could "search" for an invitation by simply supplying a last name and allowing the user to select the relevant invitation. I understand there are potential privacy concerns, but it could easily be a configurable…

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• Video advertisements

I know your website and business is paid mainly through advertisement but when two visual-audio advertisement videos automatically play at the same time in two different areas in one webpage, making me go out of the way to search for them to close/stop the video, it makes me NOT want to visit to Knot anymore out of sheer annoyance. Paid/endorsed advertisements are a given, but please make it as much as a pleasant experience as possible.

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending this over and for your feedback. I was able to see how this was playing at the same time and sent over this detail to our National ads team for their review. We really try to make the advertising on the site something that can be closed or not opened if you choose and we want to make sure we do a better job at this in the future.

I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy the site even while we work through this. Thank you again – so much!

XOXO,
                                    Keri

• 7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                      XOXO,
                                      Meuy

• Make it easier to log out, please!

It's almost impossible to log out (or use anything within the Tools Icon) on the desktop site. When you hover over tools icon, the menu is off to the left of it and it disappears whenever you go to click on items within it. It's very frustrating.

See attached.

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                        XOXO,
                                        Meuy

• Customized background graphics :)

Can not complain because the site is amazing and it is FREE which is this brides favorite word! However, I did hire a Graphic Artist to do the artwork for my wedding invites (used tapa which is part of our Samoan culture) and would have loved to have used the graphics as a customized background theme. Would’ve been great to just resize and upload the graphics! Perhaps in the future, but maybe not in my bridal term lol apart from that great stuff! Thank you for making everything so easy!

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• Link blog or personal website

I would love to have an easier and more aesthetically pleasing way to link my personal blog to our wedding website.

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base