The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Do not delete couples website

I understand this website is for planning a wedding, howbwr many users want to be able to view their website long after the wedding (indefinitely) as a keepsake. I just found out mine was deleted and I am totally bummed about this. A lot of people spend hours putting it together. At least give a heads up it will disappear so we can print it or copy it and save it

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide separate RSVP titles for other event RSVP. Other event RSVPs should not state Wedding above the form.

When clicking an RSVP button for “other event” (whatever it may be) the new page should state the tile of the evnt and not Wedding. Also there should be a way to collect, contacts into other events and not just Wedding. It’s confusing for all guests.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To be able to edit the RSVP response buttons

I wish you could edit the RSVP response buttons. Accept/ Regret seems very formal and I'm sure most people would rather have an option to choose (like the food options). I would so much rather have a Yes we can come or a No we can't make it option.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Combine RSVPs for Events

Collect RSVP for Wedding and other events (Welcome Party, etc) in one place. Currently, I don't think people will understand they need to do both. Also, there should be a place to clearly collect dietary restrictions. Even better, let me word it...Our wedding is at an Aquarium and we want to specifically know of any shellfish allergies or other dietary needs.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking the time to give these details. While we do have the ability for you to collect RSVPs for multiple guests in one place, and to ask your guests about allergies/meal choices/restrictions, it is apparent it is not as visible as we would like it to be. We will be taking this under advisement so we can make these features more user friendly.

xoxo,
    Keri

8. Address Auto-Fill for Members of Same Household

Collecting and Inputting 250+ people's addresses has become my top stressor in planning my wedding. Here are some ideas on how The Knot can improve their services:
    1) Allow all members of one household to be entered in the same window.
    -Entry can by in the same window. Add a button labeled "add another member to this household" (or something to that effect). When it is pressed, another field can appear available for entry
    -After all members are added and info is saved, these members can be displayed separately in the guest list manager. I believe you already have the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Guest List Tweaks

I would love it if you could search households when adding guests instead of having to scroll through the whole list to add a new person. It would also be great to have the ability to color-code guests with customizable categories. (e.g. wedding party is pink, out-of-town guests are blue, etc.)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Ability to respond to RSVP notes from guests

When guests RSVP, they also send beautiful notes, but there is no way to respond to those. Please add that feature

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so glad you are seeing the notes coming in from your guests. Right now there is not an automatic way to reply, but we do look forward to adding this in the future. Since we assume most couples have a way to contact their guests, you can use the SHARE feature in your website builder to send them an email, but if you do not have their email address then this would not work yet. This is the part we will be working on for a future update.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

12. Currency converter

I need American dollars converted into Aussie dollars.

I keep checking prices and freak out and then realize this site is in American dollars.... HELP!!!

VOTE! VOTE VOTE!!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry this doesn’t convert over for you. I know our teams have looked at this, and for now they are still going to stay with just the US dollar, but we will keep this open so you can see others voting this up. The best way for the team to know this is a priority is to ‘hear’ from other members well.

xoxo,
    Keri

13. I wish there was an interactive tab

It would be nice to have an interactive tab on the website that guests can have fun with. For example, it would be nice to set up a poll for guests to pick where the couple should go for their honeymoon. It would keep guests involved in the planning process along with helping out the bride and groom by getting suggestions and opinions from guests. You could also set up a quiz that guests can take to see how much they know about the couple; like where they first met and how long they were dating before they got engaged,…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. mobile

mobile website displays the images without rotating images the way I set them. Works fine on laptop.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offer different date formats

Please could you give an option in settings for changing the format of your wedding date. For example the only option currently is to have it as August 29, 2016, however as I'm British I would like to show it the English way: 29 August 2016.
    Please could you add this feature?
    Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Image Sizing & Editing

Make it useable....not a good experience when you don't provide the dimensions that are needed for an image or allow it to work in common browsers such as IE and Firefox.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download a copy of website pages for a keepsake

I would love to be able to save a copy of our website pages to make into a photo album or get a pdf of the pages. I put a lot of time into each of the website pages and I think it would be really neat if The Knot would offer an option to print and send a hard cover book showing each page to the couple for a keepsake.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Printing option for guest list

First of all I LOVE this app and how helpful it's been in organizing my wedding details! My mother-in-law is planning the Rehearsal dinner but she's not as tech Savvy as this app requires. I do also believe that it would save a lot more time as well by having an option to print the guest list out without having to download the entire spreadsheet on Excel and having to work on the cosmetics for it. I hope to see this feature soon! I know it will be very effective! Keep up the great work!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Click to filter guests on guest list by who has RSVPed

I'd very much like it if on the web version I can click on the different groups of guests (total guests, accepted, declined, no response) in order to filter the list I see below according to what category I clicked. On the mobile app you can do this and it's really handy, especially when I want to see quickly who has not responded yet so I can follow up with them. I keep doing this over and over again and it's so annoying that it isn't actually a button.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Personal Reminder Emails

Hi,

Just a suggestion – as things move more and more toward technology, it's important that we do not forget the older generation. As a young person, I want to use technology and I feel that if you can sign onto FB, then you can sign onto The Knot. However, many people are used to paper invites with all the information. If The Knot and other wedding websites are pushing for paperless invites and more use of their site, there needs to be flexibility when it comes to communicating with guests. I know The Knot sends out reminder emails, but…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am definitely with you on this one. We want to make sure each couple has the ability to message their guests as often as they need, knowing that some guests will need more and others less reminders along the way.

When you are in the admin page for your wedding website you are given the opportunity to send an email to your guests. You can enter their email address and send out any note you choose. You can pick one or all of the email addresses you have in your guest list, and this way you can control how often each guest gets a message from you and the details they need for your event.

It sounds like we need to make this feature more visible and maybe a bit more intuitive – so thank you for calling this out. I will be sure to let the Product Team…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base