The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to view desktop version via mobile

Do not like the mobile version of the site, too minimalistic. Don't want to scroll through the rings one by one like that. Looked for a way to view the Desktop version, but did not see this functionality anywhere. Please consider offering this option!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Date of RSVP

The guest list should indicate the date of RSVP, or should provide an option to organize the list by date of response. Under the current format, while there is a talley of responses, it is impossible to tell WHO the most recent response is from.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. allows meal options to be ordered in a specific way

I would love to be able to choose the order meal options are listed. For example, I am offering a chicken finger kids meal option but I don't want that to be listed first and make it seems like I'm having chicken fingers as the first option at my wedding. Also, it would be great if the drop downs were wider because i listed all food options as a lot of people have allergies and i would love if they could see it all before selecting.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Children Guests

Add some way to differentiate guests that are children (checkbox?)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

5. Veteran Charity

Y'all do not have a single charity on your list that supports veterans. Very disappointed that I cannot use this feature to support those who sacrifice life and limb for my freedom.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. More same-*** couple inclusive

I find this website so helpful with budgeting and timelines! However, I wish there was a feature that would allow the userface to cater towards the genders of the couple. When signing up, I entered information stating that my role is the bride and my fiance's role is the bride but all language and features on the website are still geared toward straight couples. For example, I find it difficult to use the budget feature which assumes bridal attire and groom attire.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How can I remove the RSVP option in the body of the website for each individual event but keep the RSVP button at the top of the website?

I have a 2-day wedding where not every guest is invited to both events, which I have been able to program in the secure RSVP but the option to RSVP on the main site is still there and I cannot figure out how to remove that while still keeping the top button capability to RSVP.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. [Guest List Manager] I want to export my guest list with only the accepted guests on it.

I am attempting to export our accepted guest list but it keeps exporting
    our entire guest list instead....ideas? Thoughts? Help please! I need to be
    able to email just those attending.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Offer different date formats

Please could you give an option in settings for changing the format of your wedding date. For example the only option currently is to have it as August 29, 2016, however as I'm British I would like to show it the English way: 29 August 2016.
    Please could you add this feature?
    Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guest List Manager Capabilities (like the old version)

I am attempting to export my guest list for the calligrapher, but it seems to be exporting the list as individuals. In other words, the individuals that should be grouped together as one party, are being separated. If I attempt to sort the list according to the Party Leader's Last name, it doesn't help because a number of parties have the same last name. So even though all the "Smith's" are together, the individuals are scrambled amongst different parties with that last name. I then attempted to sort the "Smith's" according to the Party Leader's First Name, to see if…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and to list the experiences you have had. In moving to our new technology, some of our functionalities were delayed. We are still looking at updating the Guest List Manager as we move into 2016. I will say those things you aren’t finding right now were not being used by most of the members using the tool, and this is why they were not in the priority list.

It is good to hear you would like more of this to be in the new version and we are listening.

Stay tuned and we will both see how these updates over the next few months land.

Keri

11. Hair Styles for African American Women

Hello,

I think it would be a great idea to post wedding hair styles for African American brides who have natural hair. So many of us wear our hair in its natural state and we would love to have ideas on how we can style our hair on our special day. I have looked through the hairstyles that you have an none of them work for African American women who have natural hair...it sort of makes us feel left out or unimportant as it relates to your target audience.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this topic to us. We will be sure our editorial staff sees this request so as they look at the styles and beauty treatments moving forward we can keep this in mind. I will say that some of our models do come from the vendors and manufacturers, but they know our brand should talk to all men and all women and keeping up with each community is key.

Thank you again – I hope that we will start seeing more models in their natural hair soon.

XOXO,
    Keri

12. Guest List Manager Settings

Right now, I have to set that I want to see guests displayed in Households, and that I want the names displayed A-Z by Last Name EVERY TIME I login. This is really clunky. There needs to be a way to set these choices and have them saved.

Also, there needs to be a way to print out a certain event's list of guests.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Passcode for select pages, but not all

I want my site to be public, I would like all of our friends to be able to see the general details, photos and other pages that we have created, however I would like to be able to have certain pages require a passcode so that we can post information specific to the event/topic, that only those which we give the code to can see.

Suggested functionality is that in the builder where there is the ability to "hide" a page, give the ability to make the page passcode at that level.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website

experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Registers in Canada

Your website has been recommended to me by a number of people and I know it is being used in Canada. I don't know what rules and regulations go with this but nothing like the knot exists. I see that some places have registered with your company here but not all. I highly recommend speaking to major companies such as "Hundson's Bay" to build a Canadian connection and registry.

Thank you

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to leave your feedback. Right now we are still focused in the US, but we are always looking at opening the areas in Canada our brides need the most. I will make sure our team has your feedback as they continue to plan for the future.

On your registry, however, you can still add any retailer to your list even if they are not on our partnered retailer list. Enjoy your planning!

Keri

15. Better photo organizing on the wedding website

It's very hard to rearrange the order of photos inside albums on the wedding website. There has to be a better/smoother way to re-order photos

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

16. Let me edit a household after I've added it to the guest list please

I have to delete the household and start over every time I want to add a member of the family that I may have forgotten. Maybe there is a way to do it that I am missing? Help.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Be more supportive of "legal paperwork now, ceremony forthcoming" Brides.

I've never seen more vitriolic, self-important Brides anywhere else on the web than here on the Knot, spitting "expertise" at BRIDES who are in fact (for a number of reasons-- military, immigration, health, etc) finishing paperwork prior to the official ceremony. I find it disgusting and shocking that the Knot supports such exclusive, "mean girl attitudes" in a billion dollar industry where MANY brides are now having to do just that-- get the legality squared away before the sentimentality can occur. One such post was pinned at the top of the forum, belittling such necessities as "pretty princess days" as…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send over your thoughts and frustrations. While I am not familiar with the exact forum board you are referring to, I do understand that some of our boards are still a work in progress. We have made great strides this year to make sure our members are using the report button when they see things that are inappropriate or something that might violate our terms of service. It sounds like you are describing situations and user replies that might fall into that category.

We are trying to make sure the forum boards are open to all viewpoints, but if it has been pushed too far, please do report the action and we can at least investigate to make sure there are no violations in play.

I do hope you realize that while these are posted on our site through the Community page, The…

19. Search bar

There needs to be a search bar on theknot.com website. It is extremely annoying (and time consuming) to scroll through all the articles to find te advice I need. For example, right now I am trying to find an article about who is supposed to give speeches at the rehearsal dinner. Instead of a simple search of the word "speech," I am now scrolling through TONS of advice articles ranging for bachelorette party ideas, to color choosing, to dressing a dog up for the wedding. Please add a search bar on your webiste!!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. I'd like the option to block venues from my search list that I've ruled-out

I would like having the option to basically cross off vendors I have looked into and have decided are not right for me. It's overwhelming to come back later and have to scroll through the same vendors every time.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base