The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Knot DB/UI Updates

Whatever updates you are making behind the scenes are being implemented too quickly and before proper testing has been done. Your app and website is almost unusable at times giving so many errors. Also you are phasing out old UI's and replacing them with new versions that have half of the capability.

When people begin to lose faith in your services you will start to lose your user base. These are peoples weddings, they are stressful enough without having to worry about a site you sent 100's of your guests a link to....

Thanks,
    Matt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really am glad you took the time to send us a note. We are definitely making some great changes around here – all the time – and yet, we want our product to work well for everyone. I can tell you, as you have likely guessed, the error you sent over will be fixed when you clear your cache/cookies. As someone working on their wedding website, you the Admin, are going to run into this much more often than a guest will when they just visit your website URL.

I always suggest to our couples that they clear cache/cookies weekly when in the busy time of planning their wedding. While this might seem like a lot, it will keep the pages clear and clean for you. I also would want to suggest that you use one browser brand for your Admin work and another browser brand to test…

• Be more supportive of "legal paperwork now, ceremony forthcoming" Brides.

I've never seen more vitriolic, self-important Brides anywhere else on the web than here on the Knot, spitting "expertise" at BRIDES who are in fact (for a number of reasons-- military, immigration, health, etc) finishing paperwork prior to the official ceremony. I find it disgusting and shocking that the Knot supports such exclusive, "mean girl attitudes" in a billion dollar industry where MANY brides are now having to do just that-- get the legality squared away before the sentimentality can occur. One such post was pinned at the top of the forum, belittling such necessities as "pretty princess days" as…

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send over your thoughts and frustrations. While I am not familiar with the exact forum board you are referring to, I do understand that some of our boards are still a work in progress. We have made great strides this year to make sure our members are using the report button when they see things that are inappropriate or something that might violate our terms of service. It sounds like you are describing situations and user replies that might fall into that category.

We are trying to make sure the forum boards are open to all viewpoints, but if it has been pushed too far, please do report the action and we can at least investigate to make sure there are no violations in play.

I do hope you realize that while these are posted on our site through the Community page, The…

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base