What's your idea for The Knot?

Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christy Lynn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

2018 is going to be our year for more customization in our Wedding Website themes. This is still a work in progress, but we have done some user testing and are narrowing down our top features that need some love. Thank you for the feedback! It always helps to hear from members!

Enjoy!
    Keri

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dorothy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is not working. IT says i can change the font size but it remains the same. HELP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to change the size of the main picture to not stretch the whole width of the screen? And to have our names above/below the picture? Thank you!

• Marcelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keri,

This is a great wedding website. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the countdown (« 118 days to go! »).

Thanks!

Hi Keri - will there be more themes added to the site in 2018? I'm hoping to have a site prepared by June. I'm using Paperless Post for the Save the Dates but can't find anything on The Knot that fits perfectly. Look forward to hearing from you :) xx

• Cindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can we change the background color on the website themes? Is that possible, especially if we know html codes? Thank you!

• skearns23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What changes will be made for more customization and when will these be available to all users?

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that 100+ modern designs were added for the wedding website. All of the previews include ampersands in between the couples names. Is there an option yet to change the and to an ampersand?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keri - is there webcode we can use to link to images within specific text areas of the website? For ex., we'd like to feature hotel room images on the accommodations section of the page and I'm wondering if there's an HTML shortcut or specific in-text language I can use to link to images?

• Haley Lewin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - it would be great if it could at least have The Knot's logo as the favicon while the product team works on a custom solution.

• kelsie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YESSS to this!!! This detail makes the page look like it is a fake page or still loading or something. Not beautiful. At the very least starting with a templatized one would be great.

• Tiffany T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice website...very helpful.However, I am having issues because all the letters are lower case even names?! This is vital

• Natasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys can spend money to create your own site, buy a domain, and choose/buy a layout then customize it however you feel but remember this wedding website is offered to you for free. It is limited in its capabilities and options because it is free. Ideas and suggestions are wanted and necessary but don't be so angry because it's not exactly what you want. You get what you pay for and since you're not paying for anything, I think you're getting quite a bit!
        I did my wedding website through them and I was very thankful that it was easy and free - less stress when planning a wedding. Thank you to The Knot!

I agree with the above comment. Although I did find out how to change the size of the countdown font and background colour, I can't find a way to add other images/graphics other than the main photo. I don't find it particularly personalised and would like to have added a couple of graphics used in our invites etc. This is why I chose to use a different site.

• kristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to change the fonts on a template to my wedding colours but there was nothing I could do about the background. kind of disappointing. maybe something that could be improved for future brides.

is there any way to edit the html/css of the knot websites?I'd like to do some basic adjustments to my page.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base