What's your idea for The Knot?

Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christy Lynn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
    Keri

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Krystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change the all caps.
        In this digital world we live in everyone knows that all caps means YELLING. People are reluctant to read full paragraphs that are in all caps because no one likes being yelled at.
        Why hasn't this changed yet???

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem with all caps. WHen I change the font in the themes section it looks correct, but it is in all caps on the page itself. I hate this...

• Aurora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Yes i just want to add that the Change Theme section I think is faulty because it shows my font as lower case (just as I want it) but when I look at the actual website, everything is capitalized for our names. can't seem to get it to be normal unless I don't change it in the first place.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, I really don't like it being in all caps. Is there a way to change this?

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to see more Theme Customization, including the ability to choose whether your text appears in all caps version normal first letter caps. I would also like to adjust the colors on these Themes. Even if it was just a slider bar or drop down box with a few selections. Such as reverseing a Black on White template to White on Black, or perhaps changing it to White on Navy, Brown on Pink, ect. Or on the chalkboard themes, rather than modify the color of the chalkbaord, why not let me change the color of the the accented words to violet instead of teal? I love the RSVP online function, Photos that display via hashtag and the Registry display options of your site and your URL is short so it fits better on cards. But I can't find a theme to match my colors. Then when I use a theme I like whose colors don't match anyway, I can't use the font I want because the theme displays in Caps only which looks terrible in cursive, even though in the Theme Settings as I pick the font it displays the text normally with only the first letter capitalized. It's just when I preview it that I see the font in all caps. :(

• elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I've changed the font in the 'change theme setting' but it doesn't update when I preview the webpage. How do I save my settings? Thanks!

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem..... We want to change the name header in the website to lower case that appears in the preview; however, when we publish the website it arbitrarily changes it to all caps.

• Kristi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this problem too.. Under Our Wedding -> Our Story, the subtitles here are in all caps. I can't seem to find out how to normalize them. They are very hard to read in any of the fonts I want. Is there a way to fix this?

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base