What's your idea for The Knot?

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items, and perhaps you could build in some suggested comments to add. For example, when I check off Book Reception Venue, I would like to add a comment for the name of the venue, address, website, contact, etc. That information could be fed into other areas of my account so that it is easily accessible.

I would also like to be able to add/edit items on the Checklist. For example, I am not having my engagement party until later on in my engagement, so I would like to move "Plan Engagement Party" down the list to a more appropriate timeframe.

Also, I am unable to remove dresses from my Favorites. When I go to the dress page, the heart is not clicked. I've tried clicking the heart (making it red) and then clicking again to unfavorite, but I am not seeing the update on my board.

I agree with the other posters that having customizable categories for boards would be very useful. The Favorites board as it stands is not very functional.

Thank you!

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

This is a common request and we are truly working on how you can manage your checklist (and budgeter) to make it more personalized. This will eventually include the ability for you to add your own items and comments to keep track of your notes.

Keep watching! I know they are still in the design phase, but it is coming.

XO,
    Keri

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful to be able to add your own checklist item. The checklist is helpful, but I'm to the point of needing a weekly/daily checklist/to do with specific little items that I would like to add myself.

• Megan Halston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your new checklist is awesome. I was thinking that, when you click on a checklist item and the item comes up on the right side of the screen, you have all this empty white space under the title and due date. I know that sometimes there is a link to one of your articles there, but I was thinking you should add a fillable "Notes" area there where I could add some notes for later on. Sometimes I get some good ideas or do some brainstorming before the due date gets close and write it down but place it somewhere else. It would be awesome to see my notes front and center.

• Courtney Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Budgeting and planning a destination wedding is vastly different from planning a traditional wedding, and every wedding is different anyway. It would be nice to have an "add your own" feature for the checklist so I could add in special things needed for a destination, such as acquiring tourist cards. It would also be nice to be able to change the numbers associated with the budgeter. For instance, your budgeter feature starts with quite a bit of money associated with things like ceremony music, but I'm getting all-inclusive packages so it is included in the ceremony overall cost. It could also make some brides feel bad about spending money on things like a honeymoon and incidentals in their budget when your application automatically only budgets zero. Just saying, as a human-computer interaction researcher, that this was really, really poorly thought out.

• Reshma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every wedding is different. There some points I would like to add for my wedding checklist.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes you will think if something, but then you have no where to put it with the rest of your ideas. We need somewhere specifically to put our thoughts and ideas down, instead of just like pictures, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base