What's your idea for The Knot?

Move sub-sections Around

Can you please make it so we can move sections around to different website pages (tabs). For example, I would like to move the 'Our Story' and 'Wedding Party' to another website page and only have the 'Ceremony & Reception' and 'Other Events' under website page 'Our Wedding'

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

This is a common request and our team is working on making improvements every month that may include this ability some day. We want the free websites to be just what you need and really appreciate your patience and feedback here.

We trust you have found a way to make the site work for you in the meantime. Enjoy!

XO,
    Keri

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • egordon181 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is your answer you can move section around. I need help in laying out the website and am confused.

• Bruce Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't address your primary concern, but it may help. I opened a feedback request in the link below and the "admin" answered with the general carpet bomb reply... it's a common request..we are working on it, some day we will address...yada yada yada.. but I discovered that the site does have not so easy to find functions that addressed my primary issue, and may help...well at least mitigate some of your concerns. Click the below link and look for my comment with the 6 bullet point steps

http://feedback.beta.theknot.com/forums/263843-theknot-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/19461331-have-page-section-location-flexibility?

• Reana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely something I feel needs to be addressed. It limits your ability to customize SO much. All I want is the wedding party under a different tab.Is that so hard? I understand this is a free tool but Im considering going to a different free site to build my wedding website at this point.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? It is really frustrating not being able to drag one of the sections to its own page.

We really want the wedding party to be on its own dedicated tab, but this seems impossible to accomplish. The formatting looked really nice when it was just my side of the wedding party on the site, but as soon as you add your partners the formatting is pretty horrible (i.e. side by side) meaning you get a real 'wall of text' effect. Being able to set them out sequentially would be much better.

Best regards

• olivia4nier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details."

https://help.theknot.com/forums/263843-theknot-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/12825762-ability-to-move-the-pre-created-sections-to-other

"It would be nice to be able to drag and drop the pre-created pages onto a different page on the website. I also do not see a place where I can "duplicate" a pre-created section theknot had created on the website. Whenever I want to create a new section, it's only a standard/basic format. Having this would be helpful."

• olivia4nier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please allow us to move the sub-sections with their pre-made functionality to different pages. Like to add a Things to Eat page in the same format as the Things to Do page, and move it to it's own page so the Details page doesn't become insanely long.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has any progress been made on this? I too would like to move some of the subsections out from under Our Wedding to be their own tabs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base