What's your idea for The Knot?

Add Additional Fields to RSVP

We could really use the option of additional fields in the RSVP section additional to the meal option. These could be customisable and the RSVP only allowed submitted when it is filled out completely
Eh
Email address
Arrival Date/Flight Time
Airport
Departure Date/Time
Departure Airport
I think this should not be very difficult to implement and would completely revolutionise RSVPs
Thanks
A

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nayla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi -- curious if this has been added yet? Agree that it would be quite helpful

Especially to request song recommendations

• Alexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful - especially for dietary restrictions PLUS being able to enter in a song or two someone would like to hear. The wya the RSVP section is currently set up is pretty disappointing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love the option for my guests to be able to RSVP and let us know if they need to use the provided transportation - this way we know how many buses to book etc. Instead, we have to ask our guests to separately email us.
        Either that, or I wish there was a way to edit the RSVP fields to say :let us know if you plan to use the shuttle" instead of "leave a comment".

• Paul B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. The 'Select Meal Option' hardcoded doesn't make sense if the additional event isn't food-related. (e.g. Wedding has optional transportation offered and needs to determine who needs a ride so adequate seating ensure capacity. optional wedding-related outings or events, etc)

2. Ability to 'pin' the Wedding RSVP to the top or to sort the order of the events in case there are multiple events to RSVP to. It's awkward to have event registration for transportation be listed above the wedding itself.

3. Ability to not even show a secondary event option if the people didn't RSVP to the wedding or even to other events. e.g. if the reception RSVP is separate from the wedding. If you're not attending the wedding you can't access the RSVP screen for the reception

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We would desperately like this feature! It's important to be able to request info about dietary restrictions/allergies and fun to solicit 'fun facts' from guests (like languages spoken, years they've known the bride/groom, country of residence, etc.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base