What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP

I was wondering if there was a way to customize the secure RSVP invites. I am using the Guest List Manager so that only people with invites can RSVP. However, it the guest enters their name differently than I did (for example if the guest types "Matt" vs "Matthew") the invite does not pop up. One way of resolving this may be to have the option to put in a nickname for the guest, so they can enter with either "Matt" or "Matthew." Is this feasible currently?

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to add something to notate kids on the RSVP so we can count the kids as they may be different.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to customize the questions I ask my guest to answer. Such as; Name a song you'd like to hear, do you have any dietary restrictions and so on. I'd also like to ability to grant a plus 1 option for select guest. Not having this option to customize my site is frustrating when several other sites like Withjoy and Weddingwire have these capabilities.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a customization option for RSVPs to allow an additional question(s). I'd like to have a way to ask my guests if they will be using the shuttle we are providing to find out if we have enough seats for everyone!
        Also, it would be great if under 'meal selections' you could hover the mouse over the selection and a description would appear or if you click on it a little pop up opens with the meal description.

Thank you!

I find your website very difficult to manage. I have been unable to access the registry entries for the Anna Luger-Matthew Schmitt wedding after several attempts. Can you help?

• Kym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having a problem when my guest go to RSVP, the site tells them to contact me. They cannot add their guest, why tell my guest to RSVP online when it does not work.

We need guest in a secured RSVP to be able to add their children.
        I am fielding questions, "how do I make sure my kids are accounted for?"
        we don't know every guest's child so they need to be able to change their guest count...

I have been invited to a wedding, but my envelope did not say "and guest". When looking at the RSVP on the website, it appears as though I am allowed to add people to my RSVP, but I am not sure that is the intention. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

• necountryboy90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 months ago! This was addressed 4 months ago and you still have not done anything about this! What are you doing? Seriously. Do you just post "thank you for the great idea" on everybody's feedback and then say F that as soon as they are done. I am not a compute wiz but this seems like it should be fairly simple. My compute can do a word search with any document or window i have open on my screen. Google can find matches anywhere on the web but you cant find a single name in my guest list!

• Michelle Sorensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ou need to have a way for people to say who is coming, to say kids are welcome. We need a total count from our RSVPs!

I have the opposite problem. I want to invite family members individually and do not want to see so and so's party when they are a party of one for every person I've done the address collection feature on (which is a great feature !!)

Or to have them enter their e-mail address and have everyone in their party listed through that? It would also be nice to be able to customize the "notes" area (i.e. to ask guests to request songs they wanna hear at the wedding etc). Thanks!

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it is very cumbersome to add all of the names of all of the children in each family. If each guest could respond with the number of adults and the number of children (like many RSVP cards that are sent in the mail have) would make it a lot easier.

Thanks

• richardsonj15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My parents have asked that I invite families to the wedding where we may not know all of the children who could tag along. It would be nice for guests to have the option of selecting the number of people attending and typing in the names of those people. Many other RSVP sites have this feature, which is why I will have to use them for my RSVPs. I would much rather use theknot for everything, but it just will not work for what I need to do.

• judith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there - checking in on this... wondering if it got put into action yet. There are a LOT of "families" with children on the guest list - would be nice to include party size!

• Becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this get put into action? I do want to see/ control the # of guests that people are RSVPing for.

• primusdmllo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When inviting families, I do not sometimes want to know the individual names (for example kids). I just need to know how many adults and how many kids will be attending - counts only. For large families it becomes quite cumbersome to type out each individuals name (and essentially I don't care..). Is there a way of indicating, under RSVP settings, whether I want a count (adults and kids) vs individual RSVP (the way the site functions currently). Then under guest list manager, I just want to see a column (or couple) for the counts.
        This will work great when a guest does not know his or her +1 and just wants to indicate as such.

For those event planners that need to know whos attending, current functionality should suffice.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base