What's your idea for The Knot?

food options

For the reception dinner, my guests need to chose an appetizer, a main/entree and a dessert. I can only add the options all in one slot. Is there a way to make them select one from each of those categories for the same event?

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fiona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question.. I am replying to an invite.. In meal options it says vegan, gluten free, none. I selected none.. That means I don't have a preference right? Not I don't want a meal? Haha

• Marlise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem. I didn't realize until people started to RSVP that it was going to force a food choice. We will be having a buffet, but I want to know how many will need gluten-free or vegetarian. It made those two options the forced choice. So, I went to add the two entrees available on the buffet. After entering, I decided a little more detail would be helpful. Only, I can't change those options or edit them because people have started to RSVP. Nobody has chose the things I'm trying to edit, so it doesn't make sense that I can't edit. I even tried turning off the RSVP option to see if that made a difference. Nope. This is frustrating. Please address this!

• Isabelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello the Knot team,

Have you found a solve to the above point? our guests have to choose an appetizer option and a main course option but the website only allows for one "course" selection. Please advise if there is a way to include both courses under menu options.

Thank you

• Reghe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I had similar issues as others editing my meal/food options till I saw a youtube video and figured it out. To edit the food/meal options, go to the wedding detail section of your wedding website where you inputted the date, time, attire, location (ceremony and reception locations); click edit and you will see the option below to edit meal options.

Here's the youtube video as well: https://youtu.be/TF9XFiF8wL0

• Elise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I edit my food choices? We added them in at one point, just want to make an edit but can't see how? Why is this so hard?

• smexy_duckie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I edit or delete my dinner options?! I just wanted my guests to know the menu but now it looks like they are forced to choose between main dishes and appetizers....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im wondering the same option. Apparently my food choice is "buffet" and thats not what I need it to be. please provide an update.

Adding in choice for starter, mains and desert would be really helpful! I hope this can get added in ASAP.

This issue has been raised almost 2 years ago now. Has there been any update with this? This seriously needs to get fixed and it wouldn't be difficult to do either. Need to have Starter Mains Desert and Kids Meal Options. If anyone at theknot has been working over the last 2 years, I hope they can maybe click a few buttons on the computer to make this happen. Thanks

• Laura Francesca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi has there been any update regarding multiple food options for the the guest RSVP.

I have seen quite a few forums regarding this dating back to 2016 but only generic auto response emails or no response at all

If not I may have to use an alternative site that provides this flexibility which is a shame as up to this point you would have been rated a 10/10

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely this should have been resolved by now!

• EM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, any fix yet? The comments have been from last year but there is still not an option to input choices for the appetizer, main course, and dessert and most weddings have choices for their guests. This should have been fixed long ago.

Same problem - I want to give my guests meal choices for each course. Annoyingly just realised this after getting invites created with webpage on it as in a rush organising wedding in 3 months. Otherwise would have just ignored website and just RSVP to my mobile.

• Kyla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having the same problem, so we have added a page to our wedding website on the Knot for our Menu Selector that has a link to a Google Form, so our guests can mark their selections on there. Much easier if they could just select when RSVP'ing directly though, as i'm sure quite a lot of them won't read through the whole website, so we'll need to follow up with people anyways who don't fill out the form which is a bit of a pain! Better to get them to select the menu during them RSVP'ing so they don't miss it and it's easier to organize.
    Most weddings will need more than one option for sure, with Starters, Mains and Deserts to choose from, so this really should be an added feature soon i'd hope?!
    Thanks!

I am having the same issue with food choices for my guests. Is this an option yet?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base