What's your idea for The Knot?

Link incoming address collections

I sent my guests the address collection link... but when it came in the only option was to make them a new guest. I should be able to link the provided address with the party leader of my choosing. Especially because I'm sending the link to the ladies who respond faster, but the party leader for sake of how I write invitations is the men.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this is annoying. Add this to the inability to add guests to various events en masse and I am seriously reconsidering using the Knot for my wedding.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREED! Not being able to link addresses to current guests makes using the address collection feature a huge pain. I'm better off just inputting them manually. It's quite ridiculous.

• KS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree!! Every time I get a response to the collection form, it adds the guest as a new party and increases the number of guests on the list. Then I have to run through the list and individually delete duplicates. It's very frustrating and time consuming.
        If a guest list is already imported, then we should be able to link the response to an existing guest (kind of like how iPhones link information to an existing contact).

Feedback and Knowledge Base