What's your idea for The Knot?

Assume both people are actively involved in the planning process, and phrase things on the website accordingly.

The messages that appear at the top of the to-do list are only addressed to one person. Both of us are actively using the site, but every message is addressed to the one of us who happened to set up the account. It is old fashioned and presumptuous to address in-site commentary to only one of us. (This is also related to the problem that your site only allows for one person's email address to be tied to the account.)

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Heather Katzoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

We are so glad you are asking this question / providing this feedback. Our Team that works with the Ultimate Checklist and Budgeter are making great strides forward this year and part of where we are going is going to cover this very issue. We recently were able to pass forward a personalization of the list that allows couples to tell us who is getting married, so we can make sure we list a gown and tux, or two gowns or two tuxs when needed. We also are working on making sure our destination wedding couples have a few extra lines on their list as the travel piece is much more prominent when traveling away from home for your event. All this to say – we are working on being able to first, allow couples to share a login so we can recognize both people helping with the planning, and second address the site to both of you at the same time. This is still a work on progress, but we are getting there. Feedback like yours is what helps our team know we are heading in the right direction and we are definitely making sure we make the product right each step of the way.

Thank you again! This will be very helpful to our teams!

XOXO,
    Meuy

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My partner set up the website, and I was surprised to find out that I wasn't also able to receive guestlist emails! I would love the possibility to have TWO email addresses set up with the site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base