What's your idea for The Knot?

Changing name of +1 for guests

It would be great if the creator of the guest list can select a plus one option for the guests they are adding to their guest list, and then when what that said guest goes to RSVP, they have the option to add the name of their plus 1 (instead of the creator of the guest list having to change it later).

234 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this expected to be fully implemented? We are using The Knot for our website, but I'm not sure if I want to use it for our guest list/RSVP if there's no way for guests to add the name of their plus one.

• Danielle Onn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I add a plus one to someone's name in my guest list. there was an option for this and now I can't find it in the guest information. is there a setting tab or something that I may have accidentally turned off?

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this possibly still not done. The Knot's wedding website has been such a disappointment through and through. If we hadn't already started the site by the time we realized all of it's flaws, we would be using another service by now.

Have there been any updates to this? This seems pretty simple to implement and necessary for place settings...

The Knot needs to give the options to personalize RSVPs in multiple ways. First of all, if I give someone a "plus one," there is no way for me to know who they are when that person RSVPs. On the guest's end, there is no way to name your plus one, so it will just show up as "so-an-so's plus one is attending." That makes it difficult because then the bride has to contact anyone bringing a plus one to find out their name in order to put it on a placecard. This feature is absolutely ESSENTIAL to making online RSVPs work!!!! Otherwise, what's the point? If I had known this before creating my website and sending save-the-dates, I would never have used the Knot.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this feature is still not implemented. Good thing I noticed it was missing before I completely depended on it. There are so many reasons this is essential, I think we'll probably have to use a different website or service to handle our RSVPs.

I agree!! This feature is totally inconvenient. I have guests coming that haven't specified a name for their +1 and having an option to do it would make things so much easier.

• Haley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if when I allow someone to bring a plus 1 if they could enter that person's name when they are RSVPing.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't that difficult (my degree is in computer science). Add one field...one...field, to specify household size. Many of the households I want to invite have multiple children. It doesn't make sense to list each of them separately, then group them (in fact it's downright inefficient). Shouldn't change much about the underlying relational database.

• Em commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would like to know if this will be a feature being added before I finalize what site I will be using for RSVPs. Obviously would like to get the plus one's name so I can do a place card for them.

• Rouya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!

Wondering if there's an option to add +1 names yet, and the option to add more than just +1 (ie. +3 or 4 for families with kids who we don't know the proper spelling of their names).

This is a pretty imperative feature!

I FIGURED IT OUT.
        The only way to add people to a household is to, when you're creating the guest list, after you've created the first person in a household, you click "New Guest", and before you save, select the "Select new household" dropdown menu, and select which household you'd like that person to belong to. So, if you've already created a giant guest list, good luck. But if creating it for the first time, this should help smooth things over.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've mentioned that you have "started" this feature and intended to have it "pushed out" before the end of 2016. Is this feature still in the works? There's 13 unanswered comments asking for an update... We'd really appreciate it!

Has this function been completed?! It's absolutely imperative for the RSVP function to be of any worth.

• maryam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to add more than 1 in each family or household!! what if it's + 2 or more?? this option was working last week . Now that i published my website and told everyone about it I cannot have an accurate guest count ..PLEASE FIX IT ASAP PLEASE!! my wedding is in one month!

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? This is the deciding point between using the Knot and another website. It's been a year!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base