What's your idea for The Knot?

Text message or Email RSVP reminders

It would be really amazing if the guest list manager would allow the bride/groom to send a text message or email reminder for those guests who did not yet RSVP.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeni Matthews shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent a text message reminder today (10/11/18) and my guests successfully received it! There was a lag before people actually received the message. I saw other comments about it not working so thought I'd share my experience!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just spent 30 minutes entering in phone numbers and the feature is gone. you've GOT to be kidding me

• Sierra Kelm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATTENTION! If you have, like me, been trying to figure out why the "send a text reminder" option has vanished from the app, I have contacted the knot help and found out why! Their response was along the lines of the feature still being in beta testing, and only a few can access it. The option is only available before 12 weeks to your wedding date! So if the wedding is right around the corner, you can't use it. Huh? ALSO, this feature can currently be only used once, if you were able to snag it while you could. Which, this might be why the option disappeared for me. I didn't use it, but I "previewed" what it would text to my friends (it allows you to preview it) and by previewing it, it hasn't come back since! Which is irritating since I had to spend my morning trying to figure out the best way to facebook everyone without creating a group. (the best way was to forward the message to the individuals).

• Jackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arugh! I have been wanting to send RSVP reminders again from the app, because I still have a lot of no responses. I did send out the text before, but I want to do it again. Please, please, please, bring back the text option ASAP. I was really relying on this to help me get all my guests to answer! This is so disappointing.

• Riqui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to send reminders and it worked! I went back to remind some recent add ons and the feature is gone???

It would also be nice to customize a message to the guests via text. I wish the knot were more functional 😔

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to send rsvp reminders a few days ago through the app but I am attempting it again and it isn't sending them anymore. Is this a one time service from The Knot?

I was so excited about the rsvp reminder feature, but now that I have the phone numbers I can't find it anymore. Hopefully, The Knot will get back to us soon about this.

• janetnoah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same problem also. I'm going to text them all myself. I have found this website very time consuming which is not helpful

I had the same problem, where I can't find the RSVP reminder option anymore. Did anyone figure it out?

Im very confused. Two days ago i was on the Knot app and the option to send a rsvp text reminder popped up. So i uploaded all the contact info to send the auto text, but now the option is no where to be found?? Where is it? Does it exist yet?

• dils.entertainment commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to make this suggestion because I am 2 weeks away from the RSVP deadline and a lot of guests have yet to reply.

I feel like this "automated" e-mail would really help us because it would take one less thing off our to do list. I really don't feel like calling all these people that have not answered. Very time consuming.

There is the option for guest to have a reminder of the event 1 month before however, which I find very cool!

I agree this is a must have feature and definitely a differentiator amongst other similar wedding website builders.

Have you all made it possible yet to send RSVP reminders to guests who have not RSVP'd? If so, please share how to do this!

From the Mother of the Bride :)

Dear team,

The suggestion to add RSVP reminder for the guest was sent to your team back in Aug 2017, has any improvements been made.
        Can you be more time specific when the changes will come into effect?

Thank you,
        Snizhana

Feedback and Knowledge Base