What's your idea for The Knot?

Knot DB/UI Updates

Whatever updates you are making behind the scenes are being implemented too quickly and before proper testing has been done. Your app and website is almost unusable at times giving so many errors. Also you are phasing out old UI's and replacing them with new versions that have half of the capability.

When people begin to lose faith in your services you will start to lose your user base. These are peoples weddings, they are stressful enough without having to worry about a site you sent 100's of your guests a link to....

Thanks,
Matt

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew Beatty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really am glad you took the time to send us a note. We are definitely making some great changes around here – all the time – and yet, we want our product to work well for everyone. I can tell you, as you have likely guessed, the error you sent over will be fixed when you clear your cache/cookies. As someone working on their wedding website, you the Admin, are going to run into this much more often than a guest will when they just visit your website URL.

I always suggest to our couples that they clear cache/cookies weekly when in the busy time of planning their wedding. While this might seem like a lot, it will keep the pages clear and clean for you. I also would want to suggest that you use one browser brand for your Admin work and another browser brand to test your site like a guest will see it. Maybe you use Chrome for Admin and FireFox for the guest view. This way you can toggle back and forth and see how the guest is viewing your site at any time, without all of those pesky cookies getting in the way.

All this to say – yes, we are listening and need to do a better job at making sure the site will update and flow into the next version without all of our couples needing to clear their history. I will make sure our Product Development Tech’s are aware of your frustration and continue to work hard on getting this ‘right’ in the future.

Thanks for your patience!
    xoxo,
    Keri

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon