What's your idea for The Knot?

Changes to the Budgeter

It's been stated already, but I would like to second the idea of being able to add categories that need budgets. There are several things that I will be spending money on that aren't included in this budget.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate you sending this over. We are looking at the Budgeter and Checklist this year – intensely – to make sure we can give you what you need in these tools. It will take a bit more time, but I will be sure the team knows this is still a very needed addition. Feel free to let us know what types of things you are adding to your budgeter on your own that we don’t include in the list already.

xoxo,
    Keri

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna Elkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of the larger expenses are not due all at once. There should be a space for deposits made, remaining balance to be paid by, and totals, all with a paid/due date next to them. And reminders of due dates for payments coming soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Keri. Off the top of my head there could be added budget or way to create an added budget for things like entertainment or a cultural practice. For myself, we are planning on hula dancers and fire knife entertainers and there wasn't somewhere to add that. An edit button could be useful in that maybe something is close to the item I need, instead of adding a category altogether I could just edit one that exists. Also, it could potentially be helpful to have a final cost and maybe a place to enter what you have paid so far, for example, my photographer expected half the cost up front & the rest to be paid closer to the date it would be nice to know what I've paid so far and what I have left in certain categories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base