What's your idea for The Knot?

Send digital invitations directly from the Knot

HI, I want to be able to send e- invites directly from the knot. Sure my parents and grandparents might like a physical invite but lets be real, my friends are all going to throw them away. I'd rather be able to send digital invites but don't want to go to ANOTHER third party website to send the invites and then direct them here to RSVP. especially since most of them have their own RSVP feature.

Thanks,

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcela shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TheKnotisstupid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this site is incomplete and dumb..It is a complete waste of time. After completing importing my list of guests, there's no option to send them an invite. BASICALLY, i have to manually select each guest whether the invite is sent. It should be automatically updated after the invite is sent and whether they accept or not. We SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO ANY HOUSE KEEPING. FIX it! A monkey can build a better wedding site than this.

• Jeff Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're absolutely astonished that an e-invite feature is not built into the Knot. This is the ENTIRE reason why we didn't use Evite or some other service.

Please add this feature for the sanity of your future customers! It will be one less thing that they have to worry about when planning their weddings.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really not impressed at all with The Knot. For example, completely baffling that the wedding invite can not be sent from the Knot! Huh? We are using it because we've already put a lot of time in, but I would definitely NOT recommend... though not sure what other options there are out there..

Incredibly frustrating to complete the process of adding the guest list to find that the invite can't be send directly from the site!!! That's a big reason we used The Knot for this in the first place!!!

• Logan Grog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a great and creative way of sending invitations. You can create truly beautiful cards in the app called canva and spread it through auto-direct messages in Instagram with the help of service called zen-promotion https://zen-promotion.com/. It has the potential way beyond sending messages, take some time and investigate it.

Baffling that this isn't already available. As everyone else said, this means I have to revert to another website? Makes everything messier than it needs to be.

Hi there - is there no way to send email invites through the knot? I have created a site, and its amazing...but wondering if I can use the guest list we have created in the back-end to "send" invites electronically through your service? Please let us know.

Knot! Why haven't you guys done this yet?!?! It would be so much easier to just send emails through the Knot. Now the purpose of filling out this **** thing doesn't make as much sense.

• m_miric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This is something that I found very frustrating. I ended up creating a mail chimp account and generating my emails through there.

Feedback and Knowledge Base