What's your idea for The Knot?

RSVP form, Email Address Optional

Eliminate "email address" from the RSVP form OR state (optional) in the slot. Some guests do not have email addresses and it appears this info has to be filled out in order to find invite.

PLUS, there is no 'privacy policy' info to protect guests when prompted for their personal email address.

Also, guests may want to opt out of what may be an annoying email 'reminder' of a wedding.

101 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melissa Drake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bkennedy993 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ordered my invitations, have my wedding website on there to RSVP. There are two major issues here. The open RSVP allows anyone to RSVP. So then, I decided to type in all the names and add the plus on feature. Only to find out the guest can't even add the name of the guest they are bringing. Clearly this is imperative for seating charts. Then come to find out that you also have this email at the bottom of the RSVP. I don't have to repeat what everyone has mentioned below. I find this super frustrating considering all the comments below. It is a simple fix and makes me regret using the knot.

• Gregg Scrudders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5 months later and no correction or even a response. This is ridiculous and The Knot should be embarrassed. I immediately regret my decision to use this site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function being on here will more than likely have me using a different company for my wedding website.

• kbadawy1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi The option to RSVP has been difficult for my guests as I do not have everyones Email address. How do I delete email address from RSVP?

Hello - has this feature been addressed yet? If not, we won't be able to use the knot for RSVPs. Thanks!

• Lauren M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I am getting messages daily of people asking me why I am not on their RSVP list! Some of my family is really taking offense to it for a couple of days because they think I forgot about them. Please either include (optional) next to this feature or make it optional for Brides to remove it altogether! Is such a hassle, I am wishing I had used another website!

• Bonni Romer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been fixed yet? We have RSVP's coming in and people aren't figuring out that they don't need an email address - help!!!

• Billy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove this immediately. "Take this into consideration" is not overly comforting...

Yes remove email address ASAP! i am not getting RSVPs because people enter email address and the knot can't find on guest list because I haven't included!!

Any idea on when this will happen? Who actually collects email addresses? No one! I had to do this for a wedding I attended last year and it didn't work because the couple didn't gather emails. Now that I'm getting married, I'm really considering using a different website because of this.Some of my guest don't have them, don't know their email, simple don't want to give it out, etc. And how do we know what the knot is using these email addresses for?

Please remove or state (optional)

• Kaitlyn M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to happen ASAP! Have already done SO much work collecting the right addresses, it will be way too stressful to go back and collect all of the emails. I've had a few people test the RSVP on my site and they didn't know it was optional. I assume almost every person that will try to RSVP is going to call. Any way this can happen in the next few weeks? Seems like an easy fix as a person with a web dev background...

• Jaritza Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% AGREE! I don't think an email address should be on the RSVP form. This isn't necessary for someone to RSVP. Plus, people have so many different email addresses they may not know which one to use. I can already see this causing confusion among guests. Please let the email address field be optional!!!

• Taylor Dowdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m having a lot of guests complain that they cannot find their names to rsvp because I didn’t collect or enter their email address. This is becoming stressful getting phone calls when it should be easy. I agree to remove the email address option.

• kaley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree x1000! I'm struggling with this right now. I didn't collect all of my guests personal email addresses, and that just seems like such an unnecessary step. But I have heard my guests complain about having a hard time with the RSVP because of this. Please remove or make it clear that this isn't a mandatory form fill!

I agree with the comments, please allow us to remove the email option from RSVP, it is indeed confusing for the guests. Thank you!

• Sally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is downright unethical (and certainly not bride-friendly, as the knot always claims to be) to make it appear as though guests must enter their email address in order to RSVP. Or worse, they do enter their email address, but I haven't entered it into the system (totally unnecessary function) so then it shows that there is no invitation found. Especially in light of recent data breaches being all over the news. Most modern couples probably have already taken a huge leap of faith to do RSVP's online, not to mention taken a lot of slack from family members about not including traditional RSVP return cards. Please make the email entry show as "optional" or allow the couple to remove the email entry entirely before it creates even more stress for them. Honestly, between angry in-laws and the potential for data breaches of my guests information, this oversight is certainly enough to make me NOT recommend using a wedding website from the Knot.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base