What's your idea for The Knot?

Website Creation bug.... WHY ISNT IT AUTO SAVE

There needs to be an auto save feature when writing in the different sections of the wedding website. It is extremely easy to delete paragraphs of details, stories etc. that have all been neatly compiled.

I have lost so much work today because I HIGHLIGHTED the text, and poof, text box and hours of work just gone..

Other option is to have a note on the website creation page, to write all of your information in a different space and copy paste it into the text boxes.

Just a heads up for busy brides like me! Write it down elsewhere if you don't want to risk losing all your info! Congrats to all of you!!

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Azalea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zach Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly every time I edit Event information, the modal closes before my edits are saved.

This is infuriating to the point that I am going to seek an alternative wedding website.

It's like in 5th grade when my Word Doc didn't save before crashing and I keep losing my paper after I've written it -- with no notes or outline.

Killin me smalls!

• Hannah Wulczyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wanted to let you know that it is incredibly frustrating that 99% of the time, when I add a category to my wedding website, before I am finished typing, it somehow exits me from the window which causes me to lose everything that I was just adding. I can't count the number of times this has happened to me (upwards of 20) and it really just makes me not want to use the website at all. Unfortunately, because I have already sent out save the dates with the address on them, I don't really have a choice... I am also a wedding coordinator/caterer and have heard some of my brides mention issues that they are having. I really think it would be a good idea to fix this issue (perhaps by not making it a pop-up window for new things).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use word pad...you already have a built in program on your computer to do this on any website. Or offline. I always do that because stuff can time out, or error out. You just save every few minutes and it's not a big deal..

Feedback and Knowledge Base