What's your idea for The Knot?

Add more sort and filtering functionality to Guest List

I would like the ability to sort by all of the different columns, such as "invite sent" to see whose invites are still outstanding, or "meal option" to group everyone who ordered the same type of meal together. Being able to filter on these options as well so only the guests with certain meal options are shown would be hugely helpful. It's a pain to export to Excel every time I want to check on my guest list.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Meuy

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but there is a way to export the guest list to an excel sheet and then sort in there which is what i have been doing. the option is on the left and says "export the list as CSV" the knot portion should definitely be adjusted, but this is a quick fix for now.

• Matthew Luzon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to add to this. How come we're able to sort guests into groups using the App, but not on the Desktop site?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to sort while looking at the list too- like by those you still need addresses for, those who haven't accepted, alphabetically...

• Breanna Kauffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

His/Her option for marking how many invitations the bride or groom have. My fiance and I are trying to each invite the same amount of people but we have to keep track on a google doc. I would love to be able to "tag" guests by bride/groom so we can easily see how many we are each inviting without creating two different lists.

• Froswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the guestlist, being able to filter by her family and his family would be great. All of our guest are grouped are grouped together which makes it hard to tell how many are hers and how many are mine

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to +1 this. The mobile app allows you to look at guest count by Accepted, Declined, and No Response. While your website does not allow that functionality or behavior around that to exist. Big gap in productivity and product mgmt. On the website version, being able to sort by RSVP status or filter on that or any on the columns would be best.

Feedback and Knowledge Base