What's your idea for The Knot?

prenup

Hi The Knot!

I have loved using your service for my wedding checklist r all my wedding needs as it has helped me stay on track as well as very organized. I need notice one thing missing on the checklist that I deem is extremely important to have - a Prenuptial Agreement. I know it is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of couples but it is a conversation that needs to happen and it's important to include in your checklist so couples can begin the process far enough in advance. Of course not everyone needs to complete it, but by having it as a checklist item on your website, it at least starts giving couples the idea and starts the conversation, "do we need this? are their assets that each of us have that we may want to protect in the event (god forbid!) we divorce?" In my own personal experience, I bought a house before my fiance and I decided to get engaged and I knew I wanted to have a prenup in place before we got married. I had the wherewithal to begin thinking this way, sometimes other people do not. So please, strongly consider adding this to your checklist. I think in this day and age it is greatly needed.

Thanks for your time in advance!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Thank you for sending this over. We are always looking for additional tasks for the checklist that will benefit most of our couples. I have passed along your suggestion to our team.

xoxo,
    Keri

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)