What's your idea for The Knot?

More same-*** couple inclusive

I find this website so helpful with budgeting and timelines! However, I wish there was a feature that would allow the userface to cater towards the genders of the couple. When signing up, I entered information stating that my role is the bride and my fiance's role is the bride but all language and features on the website are still geared toward straight couples. For example, I find it difficult to use the budget feature which assumes bridal attire and groom attire.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I'm a butch lesbian and I'm getting married to my very femme fiance, and while there are lots of dress options in the bridal section, there are absolutely no options for suits. It would be amazing to see inclusion, and not just binary male/female division. Yves St. Laurent killed it with Le Smoking, and brides should have the option to do the same.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You obviously take in quite a lot of information about the couples who sign up for your website. However, you have maintained that this website is for a traditional Male/Female couple. It does not adjust the checklist or anything else if the couple is Male/Male nor does your advertising sent to our email since we get a lot of stuff targeting a bride. If you really want to be the website that is inclusive, you need to make it more dynamic and a better job to include Male/Male and Female/Female couples.

• Lacie Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A friend of mine was recently engaged to her girl friend, and they are over the moon excited to plan their dream wedding. They were looking at a venue that is listed on your site, and featured as a rural/rustic venue (McBrayer Ranch in Powder Springs GA). Unfortunately, they were humiliated by the owner, and refused service or even a site visit for being a same-*** couple. My friend is devastated and her confidence has taken a hit. Something that was once so exciting for her is now embarrassing and difficult. I would really really appreciate any links, or even a new article, anything that would feature vendors and venues that are Gay and Same-*** friendly, or even owned and operated by couples that identify in the community in or around Atlanta Georgia area. We adore your site and I love the feature video on your homepage, it is so inclusive of love and that is all I want for my friend. Thank you so much.

• Jennifer Benker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create same *** options for weddings etc. Everything seems to be worded or catered to grooms and brides vs same *** wording options.

Feedback and Knowledge Base