What's your idea for The Knot?

Improvements for the guest list

The guest list information is a nightmare. If there is a guest, and that guest's plus one has a known name, and we enter it, those two names should be the only two allowed to be "searched for" and RSVP'd for instead of me having to check and recheck the guest list every time someone RSVPs. It just accepts everyone's RSVP and adds them as new guests instead of going off the list you have already created. Double, no, TRIPLE the work and a lot of frustration. Also, on the website, you cannot see the comments people make to us when they RSVP. I get them because my email is linked to the account, but my fiance is missing all the fun of those! I have to take screen shots from my phone and text them to him. Really not a nice thing. There should be a column on the guest list for their comments to show up for us.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, if you put Sam on the guest list but they put Samantha it creates the whole new guest for them and lets them RSVP to all your events, even if they orginally only had a Dance Only invite! Now I have a bunch of people that were not supposed to be invited to the dance that are coming for dinner! This is not acceptable! if the guest types the name differently it should make them try it again or The Knot gives them a couple of similar options to choose from! ...NOT a happy camper!

Feedback and Knowledge Base